Chapter 4 (Cont.) - The Meetup ~ Part 2

Pushing past the double doors, Paige smelled the delightful smell of coffee, and soy beans. Not to mention the smell of chocolate chip cookies, and assortments of muffins.

She spotted Sadie almost right away at a rounded table amongst the Stranger Things cast. It was only the six main teens, and as she made her way over, Sadie called out, "There she is!"

Everyone turned to look, and Paige found herself trying to hold back on rushing over like an obsessed fan. Instead, she casually waved, and found a seat next to the redheaded girl.

Glancing around the table, Paige couldn't believe that Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, and Noah Schnapp were right in front of her.

Except she noticed that Finn was giving her a sideways look.

"This is my friend Paige." Sadie introduced, and lightly bumped shoulders with her in the process.

Paige couldn't help turning a blushing red, and the contact left her shoulder tingling.

Luckily, nobody seemed to take notice.

"Maybe we should plan a girls night!" Millie's thick British accent sounded.

"You two are always out planning things!" Noah protested.

"Yeah! You guys never hang out with us anymore!" Caleb added, placing his opinion next to his friend's.

Before Millie, or anyone else could say something back, a waiter announced himself.

"Would you guys like to order?"

Noah, who was busy glaring at the brown haired British girl, swiftly nodded, and fixed his expression.

"Yep, we're ready."

As the rest of the cast placed in their orders, Paige quietly sat, listening. When it was Sadie's turn to order, she mentally noted what the ginger liked.

"I'd like a plain coffee, with no sugar, please."

Once the waiter was gone, the argument continued. Paige had been too engaged in the argument to order herself.

"The point is, you and Sadie are always with your other friends, and never with us!" Gaten said pointedly.

"The last time you hung out with any of us is when we were on set, and that was April!" Finn huffed, still glancing at Paige.

She acted as though she hadn't noticed.

-

Minutes later, the waiter was back with what they all had ordered. He placed their drinks in front of them before leaving.

"So Paige, would you mind if we invited you over for a sleepover?" Millie asked, taking a break from sipping from the tea she had ordered.

The boys groaned, which all three girls ignored.

Paige was just about to answer when Sadie accidentally spilled her coffee onto her, staining her dress.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" The redhead blasted off a flustered apology.

Paige was in shock, and just stared at her stained dress before Sadie pulled her out of her chair, saying,
"Come on, I'll help you get cleaned up, okay? Let's go to the bathroom."

Now Finn was staring way more intensely, but Paige couldn't bother to care right then. She followed Sadie's footsteps instead.

-

In the women's bathroom, Paige was focusing on scrubbing the coffee off her dress, while Sadie got wads of paper towels, more than necessary.

The redhead gently used them to clean up her face, for somehow the liquid had splattered onto Paige's cheeks.

Paige found herself blushing, each moment her face getting redder, and redder.

Sadie Sink's pale face was just inches away...