13

The siege left the capital in ruins. Thee royal palace was basically uninhabitable, and most important infrastructure was gone. Kambe had to be airlifted to Angkor Wat, where he would be treated at the to-be capital of the Angkor empire. 

Architect: "I really hope he's okay."

45 looked over and saw a tear come out of Architect's eyes as she saw the helicopter carrying Kambe depart.

45: "This battle really did change my opinion of you though. I guess you are an ally after all."

45 looked up at the sky and waved. Then Adler came up from behind them. 

Adler: "I'm guessing you two really love him."

Architect: "Who are you?"

Adler: "I'm Kambe's best friend, Adler Barrett, and I have good news for you: He told me that he'll take 2 wives but that's it."

45 and Architect look at eachother, then start giggling. 

Adler: "*sigh*. he's gonna have a hard time."

Enterprise: "Adler, are you ready to go back out to sea?"

Adler: "More than ever!"

After the siege, Phnom Penh would be rebuilt into a more modern city, while the royal palace will be converted into a military command center. This siege completely devastated Khmer and Sangvis force around this area and is widely considered the official founding of the Angkor empire.

Angkor Wat imperial hospital

Kambe opened his eyes to see that he was not in Phnom Penh anymore. The lush green forest surrounded the premises and the soft birds chirping were like music to his ears. 

Angkor medic: "Emperor, it seems you were in a coma for 2 months. Fortunately, you are in excellent condition. You're two girlfriends are waiting for you outside."

Kambe: "Girlfriends? 2 of them?"

Kambe trudged out of the hospital and onto the entrance, still shirtless. Outside, Architect and 45 were waiting for him. When they saw him, they hugged him tightly.

Kambe: "Ow! Ow! It still hurts!"

Architect: "We're just glad you're back with us!"

45: "Yes, and we both love you."

Kambe smiled and hugged them back. Suddenly a call came in from Commander.

Commander: "emperor, it is good you're alright. I just want you to know that we have located m16's bastion in the Khmer Rouge. We have also finished conquering all other enemy lands. Would you like us to move in?"

Kambe: "Denied. I will send AR team to infiltrate the capital of the Khmers and capture m16 themselves. They seem to have a connection with her."

Commander: "Alright sir. By the way, we still need to make ourselves known as a world power, and our former French allies have fallen into disarray. We can take advantage of this and rule France as well."

Kambe: "Yes, but that will have to wait until we secure control of our mainland."

Commander: "Understood sir. One more thing: The General of the 100 French foreign legionnaires has pledged his loyalty to you."

Kambe: "Please don't tell me you forced him to."

Commander: "No. Since France has fallen into a civil war, he has decided that this new nation is worthy of serving instead."

Kambe: "I understand. Now then, I will return to Phnom Penh."

Architect: "Honey, this is the capital now. They moved it."

Kambe: "What? Without me knowing? And why are you calling me honey?"

45: "Because you belong to us now."

Kambe just frowned.

Kambe: "One more thing before you go, commander. Your name will now be Major Guillame.

Guillame: "Yes sir."

Kambe: "Well, time to head over the the old palace to officially acknowledge the Foreign Legion as a unit in my army."