Chapter 31

Please Read A/N At End

*A Few Days Later*

Lauren's POV

"Lauren, not to be offensive in anyway, I think I like Cody just a tad better than Pete." Mom said. Everyone laughed but I just weakly smiled and dropped my head.

"Thank you Patrice. May I just say that your cooking is fabulous." Cody said charmingly.

"Oh Cody stop! You're making an old woman like me blush madly." Mom giggled.

"Watch it son, you're making your girlfriend and me jealous." Your dad joked. The whole table started laughing again.

"Sorry sir. Let's see if I can make it up to her." Cody said walking into the kitchen. He came back carrying a slice of cake on a plate and a fork.

"I made it for you." Cody said setting the plate in front of me.

"Cody, you know I'm still trying to lose weight since Lyric." I sighed. Cody kissed my cheek.

"Lauren, you look perfect to me." He said watching me dreamily. I smiled and stuck the fork in the cake. When I pulled it out, there was a ring on the fork.

"Lauren Stump, would you do me the honor of being my wife?" Cody asked getting down on one knee. My mouth went dry. We've only been dating for 4 months. Mom was surprised, but dad looked like he knew and he was smiling encouragingly.

"Y-yes! Of course I'll marry you Cody!" I exclaimed. Cody slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me. Mom cheered and clapped and I just smiled. I was getting married.

*Magical Time Skip*

Cody drove to Pete's house so we could pick up Lyric. He had a smile on his face the whole time.

"What's with the smile?" I asked.

"We're getting married. You said yes and I am ecstatic." Cody replied with the same smile. I giggled and looked out the window. How would Pete take the news? Just 4 months earlier he proposed to me and I turned him down. Cody pulled up to the curb and opened the door for me.

"After you." He bowed. I chuckled and got out of the car. I knocked on Pete's door and he opened it holding Lyric.

"Hey guys! How was dinner?" Pete asked.

"Great. How was Lyric?" I replied.

"She was perfect. Here you go." Pete handed me Lyric and glimpsed my ring.

"Is that an e-engagement ring?" He asked.

"Yeah. Cody and I are getting married." I responded. Pete nodded his head.

"W-wow. I'm happy for you two." He said.

"Thanks Pete." Cody grinned. Pete forced a smile and closed his door.

"Do you think he'll be okay? Pete still is my best friend." I asked concerned.

"He'll be fine I hope. Come on, Lyric looks sleepy." Cody pointed out. I sighed and got in the car, putting Lyric in her car seat. It was nearly 12 AM when I finally got dressed for bed. A bit earlier, Cody and I took a picture to announce our engagement on Twitter and Instagram. I trudged towards the bed in girl boxers and a sports bra. Cody was on the phone with his mom talking about our engagement. I met only his mom before being that his dad passed away.

"Yeah she just came out of the bathroom...Sure, hold on mom." Cody said before looking at me.

"My mom wants to say hi." He said slightly embarrassed. I love Cody's mom.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme!" I chanted excitedly. Cody chuckled and handed me the phone.

"Hi Mama Carson!" I smiled.

"Lauren! Congratulations on the engagement. Cody told me he was planning on proposing, but he never said so soon." She said happily.

"Thank you. I was really surprised, but the natural answer was yes of course."

"I'm so glad he finally found somebody. I was afraid I'd die with no grandchildren, but now I get beautiful Lyric as my grandchild and hopefully you and Cody will give me more?"

"We'll think about it."

"Alright, well, it's late and we should all get some sleep. Night Lauren."

"Goodnight Mama Carson." I hung up the phone and gave it to Cody.

"Lemme guess; she asked when we were gonna give her grandchildren of her own?" Cody asked taking off the light.

"You're very smart." I chuckled kissing his cheek.

"Don't worry, I understand you want to wait for Lyric to get older. It's no problem to me."

"Thank you Cody." I turned away from him and frowned. I had no problem with being pregnant again, it's just a small part of me felt that it was wrong to have child that wasn't Pete's. But I was over him.

Right?

A/N: Hey guys!!!! I have an announcement to make and that is, I am going to be posting my first live stream Saturday May 23rd! I may just post one on Monday May 18th because I'm gonna be on a bus for a school trip, but whatever. The one on May 23rd is a Q&A. Submit questions if you want and more details to follow. Thanks!!!