✧006

9:30 A

9:30 A.M,

Sakanoshita Market...

Third person POV

"I know I was late, but cleaning up Aimi's mess? That's way too much of a punishment!" (Y/N) complained, collecting and rearranging the scattered coins.

How did she end up in this predicament in the first place? Well, after arriving late, her already furious boss decided to assign (Y/N) to clean up her colleague, Aimi's mess. The violet haired girl, for whatever reason, decided to spin and waltz around the cashier, knocking various neatly arranged cash out of the cash register.

 The violet haired girl, for whatever reason, decided to spin and waltz around the cashier, knocking various neatly arranged cash out of the cash register

Aimi Okane: Appearance reference⤴

'What kind of music would have such an effect...' (Y/N) could only mutter to herself as she sent a playfully angry glare towards her best friend. They've been alongside each other for at least 3 years, and (Y/N) had grown accustomed to her antics.

Aimi latched onto her friend's arm affectionately, laying her head on the girl's shoulder. "Aww, I won't do it again, kaaaay~?"

"I've lost count of how many times you've said that now..." (Y/N) chuckled lightheartedly as she placed the last stack of paper notes into the cash register's rack. A sense of achievement surged across her body as she clasped her hands together and stretched her arms. Other than successfully rearranging the money, she was glad that her boss let her off the hook, and not reduce her salary.

(Y/N) set herself upright, facing a line of customers that mysteriously appeared before her. She began serving them while Aimi giggled as she texted someone, likely her girlfriend. "I'm telling her about what you've done today," the busy cashier taunted, leaving her friend with a false look of disbelief and betrayal. Laughter echoed across the shop, lifting everyone's spirits as the two best friends engaged in a drama, exaggerations akin to Romeo and Juliet.

✧✧✧

Sakanoshita Market...
Second person POV