Part 24. A Little Help

it's midnight, im covered in cold sweat, all the lights are on and im still wearing jeans and makeup BUT I FINALLY UPDATED !!!!!

two chapters in one because someone said they were gonna watch the trailers bcs they missed the story and it broke my heart SO I GOT CARRIED AWAY AND WROTE ALMOST 6K WORDS 😩

that's it yall, enjoy!! <3

-

Listen to "BLOOD" by KLOUD for this chapter.

"Psst."

Not hearing Jisung, the young maid wiped her forehead and continued to scrub the floor.

"Hey," Jisung tried again. "You, on the floor, I'm talking to you."

This time, she heard. Her eyes widened when she looked up from the floor and saw who was calling for her. In an instant, she gathered her skirt and stood up, keeping her head bowed.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry. What is it?"

Jisung took in a deep breath. He pitied this girl since the day she cried and begged for his forgiveness over a minor mistake. Dongwon must've been a nightmare to her, and after much consideration, Jisung decided to take advantage of that-even though he thought of himself as a person with morals. This would not be easy, but he had to do it. He had to get that letter shipped across the island and he had to get it done in Dongwon's style for guaranteed success.

His voice sounded mean when he said, "Come here." He cleared his throat and frowned to appear more intimidating. "You'll do something for me. You can't tell a single soul about it. If somebody finds out, you're d-dead. Understood?"

Her eyes widened even more as she ran to him in small, quick steps.

"Sir, I'm sure I'm not qualified to- Please don't-"

"You'll do as I say!"

As soon as that order came out of his throat, Jisung's heart cried out to take his words back and apologize to the poor girl, but his brain convinced him to stand his ground. He ignored the pang of remorse; didn't allow the frown on his face to shrink.

She grimaced in dismay before nodding meekly. "Yae, sir."

Hearing that, Jisung took out the letter from the sleeve of his sweater and stuffed it in the pocket of her apron after making sure no one was around. "Take this to the post office," he instructed, "and whenever we get mail, if you see the name Kang Dongwon or Han Jisung or anything in Japanese, you bring it to me."

"Anything?"

"Anything. If you bring me a letter that was not meant for me, I'll return it to you so you can put it back in the mailbox and pretend you've never given it to me."