Prologue

Listen to "Intro : The Invitation" by ENHYPEN for this chapter.

September 14, 2017

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Jisung! Happy birthday to you!"

"Wooooo!" Felix and Jeongin cheered and clapped their hands as Dahyun placed a huge cheesecake on the table in front of the birthday boy. It was cut into a round shape with strawberries heaped up all over it.

Jisung covered his heated cheeks with one hand. He giggled at his best friends and his sister, taken aback. "Are you seriously bringing a cake now? After I just swallowed my entire breakfast and half of Jeongin's?"

Dahyun laughed and jutted her chin in the direction of the cake. "Blow out your candles, come on!"

"Make a wish!" Felix demanded.

Jisung scratched his head. "Oh? What should I wish for?"

"Money!"

"What about good grades?"

"To be kidnapped by a hot Mafia boss."

Jeongin and Dahyun turned their heads to the right. "Felix!"

"What? Jisung reads those kind of stories all day long."

"Felix's idea is actually genius," Jisung said with a devilish smirk. He brought his palms together, closed his eyes, leaned forward and whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, "I wish for my friends and I to be kidnapped by hot and possessive Mafia bosses who happen to be mad rich."

"And abs!" Jeongin whisper-yelled.

"And a six-pack for Jeongin," Jisung added quickly.

He blew out the candles. Laughter filled the kitchen. Immediately after, there was a knock at the door.

Jisung smiled. "I'll get it."