Part 4. He's Everywhere!

Listen to "Devil Town" by Cavetown
for this chapter.

Later that day, Felix and Jisung decided they needed to let Jeongin know about everything

Later that day, Felix and Jisung decided they needed to let Jeongin know about everything. It was fair to do so. If The Vipers would kill Jisung by the end of that week, Jeongin deserved to know why he perished.

Jisung was the one who started the FaceTime call. The faces of his friends appeared on his screen nearly immediately. Jeongin was brushing his teeth while Felix was cuddling one of his giant plushies in bed.

"What's up?" Jeongin asked, his words a bit muffled.

"Is your roommate around?" Jisung asked.

Since Jeongin came to Seoul to study, he had to live in a dormitory their school provided. Every once in a while he'd get a new roommate, and he didn't really get along with his new one, but he didn't have a say in who got to share a dorm with him.

"Nah, he went out. I'm all alone."

"We have to tell you something important," Felix confessed. "It's lowkey shocking so prepare yourself."

Jeongin frowned and stared at the camera, waiting for them to explain, but he couldn't have expected to hear Jisung's next words.

"I have a few more days to live."

The youngest choked on his toothbrush and started to cough fiercely. He needed a few moments to rinse his mouth and turn off the running water, then looked back at the screen with a horrified expression on his face.

"You're playing," he said. "What the fuck happened? Why are you dying?"

"We're not joking," Felix said and sat up in his bed. "But what Jisung wanted to say is that a certain someone is gonna kill him if he doesn't return something he stole."

"Something you stole," Jisung corrected. Felix nodded in defeat.

"I don't get it... Is this one of your bad jokes? What did you steal?"

Felix clicked his tongue and looked away as he hurriedly said, "Cocaine."

Jeongin let out an alarmed gasp. "WHAT?! You're doing drugs? Without me?!"

"Someone shipped it to me on accident, then Felix took it and put it in brownies. It's complicated."

"Felix, what the fuck?! I let my little brother eat some of those brownies!"

"Well, I warned you they were special."

"But you never mentioned there was coke in them!"

"Okay, okay," Jisung broke in. "Let me explain the full story or you won't understand a thing."

"Go ahead," Jeongin said with a sigh.

As Jisung explained what happened in detail, quietly so that Dahyun wouldn't walk by his room and overhear any of it, Jeongin had about three breakdowns and a rage fit in total.