Part 8. "Kill Me"

Listen to "911" by Ellise for this chapter.

Gusty wind sliced the warmth and quiet of the house like a wild animal until Jisung blocked it by slamming the front door

Gusty wind sliced the warmth and quiet of the house like a wild animal until Jisung blocked it by slamming the front door. He locked it, keys jingling in his hand, then he swallowed hard and turned around to face Minho in his most unusual form ─ dripping wet hair, colourless face with a slight sheen, creased forehead and trembling blue lips.

Now, the only present sounds were those of heavy breathing, muffled rainfall, and droplets of water dribbling from their bodies to drench the tiled floor of the hallway.

Minho originally intended to drive Jisung home and then return to Red Nights, but the moderate rain turned into a violent thunderstorm, and the streets became too dark and slippery to drive, even for a reckless person like him.

Jisung, being the well-mannered boy his parents taught him to be, couldn't let someone stay outside in the cold rain, especially when they had nowhere to go.

So he invited Minho in.

He asked Minho ─ the future head of a criminal organization, a heinous felon who openly planned to kill him ─ to come into his house.

Regret and fear clawed at his chest as he lowered his gaze to avoid Minho's eyes. He felt like an antelope that locked itself in the lion's den. Dahyun could be home soon, and she wouldn't ignore Minho's presence since no one except Jeongin and Felix ever came over. She would ask questions and Jisung would have to lie again.

"What should I do about my clothes?"

Minho's words snapped Jisung out of his daydream.

"Um, I can give you something from my closet," said Jisung as he took off his shoes and jacket. "You can get changed in the bathroom and I'll go to my bedroom and then I'll have to mop the floors and... uh... the bathroom is at the end of the hall, by the way." He lifted an arm to point to his left and added, "I'll bring you the clothes in a minute."

Minho nodded and did not bother to take off his boots as he walked to the bathroom.

Jisung felt the soul leave his body at the sight, and had to bite his tongue to prevent himself from crying in frustration. Minho stepped right onto Dahyun's white rug, leaving trails of muddy footsteps behind.

'Does he have no manners? Now I'll have to wash the rug too!'

The bathroom door opened, then closed. Jisung sighed in exasperation and went to his bedroom to undress. He had some difficulty taking off the leather pants, but managed to change into his pajamas. And now, he had to find something for Minho to wear.

After a few moments of rummaging through his closet, he headed to the bathroom with a sweater and a pair of jeans in his arms. He and Minho were about the same height, but the latter was much bigger, so Jisung could only hope that the clothes would fit.