Chapter 1 Part 2 | The Fallen Angel

(hello! quick little message, The way I put stuff in the other chapters may look different here because I am revisiting this after so long, its been almost a year since I published this story, So please ignore the sudden change of text style)

The sky started to brighten in the distance as the sun slowly peaked over the mountains and hills in the distance. Many people were awoken by the rays of sunlight breaching through the panes of glass next to them while they slept, While others were already awaken and getting on with their day. Birds nesting in the trees nearby chirped and crickets went silent. but in the near distance, A lively farm stood on the hill just outside of the village. Sun shined against the windows and animals from the farm started to awaken.

Fae eyes opened as bright light shined on them. She had not remembered anything about the creature she took inside the barn last night or even thinking about the risk of somebody like her dad finding the beast, it was not present in her mind yet. She knew she did something last night but couldn't put a finger on it quite yet. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, and eventually she raised from her bed and put on proper clothing. Today was Village Chore Day, every child had to attend the village and be assigned a job for the day, So she didn't want to be late. She prepared for the day and left her room quietly, She walked into the kitchen of her home and spotted her mother making breakfast for her already. "Good morning Fae!" Her mother greeted, "Breakfast is ready so come sit down and eat" She followed up with, Fae came and sat at the wooden table for her breakfast, Today breakfast was omelet, made from the fresh eggs of chickens. Fae swiftly ate the omelet and decided to go visit Father before she left to go to the village for the day. She exited through the front door and approached her father, He was carrying bags of food for the animal troughs. "Salutations Father!" Fae got the attention of her father, "Good morning, getting ready for chore day in the village?" He said to Fae as they both kept walking. "Yup! I am gonna leave in a moment, Just wanted to say good morning!" Fae was very confident with her words, she was excited for chore day but also feared that she would get a really boring job for the day, She prayed that she got something actually enjoyable and easy. "Good to hear. By the way, can you go and feed the hound? He hasn't been fed yet, He is in the barn." Father was referring to the sheep dog they owned, It required food to work so she insisted to do so before she left. 

She entered the barn and approached the dog who was laying down on a bed of hay, She grabbed a chunk of meat and handed it to the dog silently. It chewed the fresh meat and swallowed it within seconds, It must have been hungry. As she was about to return to Father outside. She heard the soft whimper from one of the horse stable stalls, Fae had suddenly remembered what happened last night and ran over with a sudden shower of concern. She peaked over the door of the stall and laid her eyes on the beast she brought home, It's white feathers stood out easily, It laid on the soft hay bed as it whimpered. Fae opened the door and slowly approached the critter with fear, wishing that it won't attack her or make too much noise. She got close enough to notice the wound on its leg, it couldn't walk due to the bloody wound on its knee, It looks as if it had been struck by something sharply, But there wasn't anything sticking out of the wound like a knife or spear, It was just some sort of pierce in the skin that hadn't healed yet. She grabbed a bandage roll from a shelve in the barn and brought it back to the resting creature, She softly and gently wrapped the creatures leg with the bandage and cleaned up the blood. She then studied the creature to see if she could spot any more injuries, She eventually found that it had an injured wing too, She bandaged that up quickly and just silently watched the creature breath slowly. She just took in the moment she was having, A young newborn creature that was as big as the dog she just fed was laying peacefully on the hay beneath it. The creature's white feathers looked so elegant and beautiful. And the creatures small horns glowed faintly. She felt nervous to blatantly touch the creature but she wanted to try and soothe it, And maybe try and befriend it. She placed her hand on its cheek and very gently ran her fingers through its feathers as it laid silently. The creature lifted its head to look up at Fae, its black eyes suddenly shifted to a dark turquoise, It looked curiously at Fae. They stared for a moment before the creature lowered its head to the ground again. Fae spoke softly "You are quite a fascinating little creature." remembering at that moment that it wasn't just a creature, It was a Trico, a man-eating monster that hadn't been seen for years. The legendary beast from the legend, She flinched back at the thought of this but then she took a moment to think again, Well the creature isn't living up to its legendary title, So maybe it is friendly, Maybe I can make everybody believe that these creatures aren't harmful anymore, And that they are just misunderstood! But as she thought more and more about it, She realized that nobody would accept this, All humans despised these creatures because they attacked humans for no reason. But maybe they had changed and aren't actually man-eating anymore! Fae's Father had walked into the barn suddenly, which sent a chill down her spine, She got up and quickly exited the empty stall while her father wasn't looking. "Fae? Oh there you are, Your gonna be late. You should leave now." Her father reminded her that she had actual stuff to do today. "Oh, Sorry! Love you dad bye!" She swiftly left the barn and started to speed-walk towards the village on the pathway. 

Eventually she had made it to the village, and she approached the building where they hosted the Village Chore Day. The building was referred to as "The Public Hall" Which was basically a multi-purpose stage for the village, The Village Chief (the owner/ruler of the village) hosted his speeches here, And small performances and celebrations were held at this place. But it was also used for Village Chore Day and assigning the chores to the youth and sending them off, Fae entered the hall and approached the crowd of people standing around the small and short stage/platform. The Village Chore Director (or the one who runs the village chore day shenanigans.) stands up on stage and waits for the crowd of villagers to quiet down.
"Ahem, Welcome." He quietly announces to everybody, He pulls out a scroll and unravels it elegantly. "Clothing Cleaning Duty for Needle, Lux, Avalon, Zev, Caspian and Leaf. Janitor Duty for Cadmus, Gulliver, Tig, Flavian and Umberto. Load Carrying Duty for Cabot, Roone, Cassio, Bluebell and Nephele. And finally we have Herb Picking Duty for Anemone, Peak, Fox, Rhonwen and Fae." Fae was annoyed that she got Herb Picking, she had to go very far from the village just to pick a specific herb and deliver it to the village. She sighed and got into line, After your name was announced you had to take a piece of paper with your specific task on it and not lose it. She waited her turn and acquired the paper she needed. She wandered out of the Public Hall and into the village once again. She glanced down at her paper which also showed her which direction she needed to head in order to find that specific herb. As she looked around, she spotted the Nest as she rotated to find the direction, she stared at it with deep thought, And then she thought of the Trico she had in her Father's barn. She had an idea suddenly and decided she was going to bring the Trico with her on the trip and bond with it. She wanted to discover more about these things and learn. But she also just wanted a friend really badly. She smiled and looked at the sun raised high and in the sky. She started to trot home and hope that her plan would work. 

Atleast she hopes nobody will catch her in the act.

(Sort of short, but this was just part 2, So the next chapter will have more detail and more story! Can't wait to start working on it! I am motivated to finish this when I have time to work on it. I have homework to catch up on so I am trying to balance this out while I write this!)