Prologue Part 3: Visiting The Village

The grass was still damp and wet, and the dirt was still slightly muddy due to the storm, but everybody started to flood the village now, Merchants returned to their booths and kids rushed outside to play with their friends. Fae wondered through the crowds of people and started to look and try and locate the shop her father was talking about. she walked around the crowd and bumped into a lady on accident, Fae never expected her to look down at Fae, But it gave Fae an opportunity.

[Fae] "Excuse me miss? Do you happen to know where Ellegaard might me?" 

[Juvenile Woman] "No sorry, never heard of a Ellegaard in this village."

She was stumped already, as she wandered around for countless minutes, asking many people about an Ellegaard, She accidentally bumped into Niles. Niles was that type of kid who played with all the children and won every game of tag and hide and seek. and was known quite well among the village and was basically the villages young leader. 

[Niles] "Oh look! its the outcast, what are you even doing in the village right now anyways?"

[Fae] "Listen Niles, I am looking for a person named Ellegaard and I need to find this person for my father-"

[Niles] "An Ellegaard you say? maybe I might know this person you are looking for, but I won't tell you. Go find them yourself."

[Fae] "Fine Niles, go play with your stupid friends."

Niles laughed as he walked away and ran towards his friends, Fae felt a slight sadness run through her as the words "Outcast" stuck to her brain like tree sap. She walked to the nearby bench and sat down on it, looking down at the grass and thinking about random stuff on her mind, trying to drown out the "Outcast" echoing in her mind. 

Fae sat on the bench for about 20 minutes before getting up and deciding to walk around again, As soon as she stood up a person walked by her quickly, And she felt the wind of their hood hit her face. She watched the hooded person speed walk up a dirt path that led to a wooden building at the top of a hill. She somehow saw a sign that was just up the dirt path, She decided to approach it and as she got closer she felt a bit relieved to read "Ellegaard's Market." she jumped up and her mood became slightly better as she walked past the sign and followed the dirt pathing. 

As she reached the top of the hill and approached the door to the store, she peaked in and saw a ton of stuff on display, and a person at the back of the store waiting quietly. She stood in the doorway and stepped a foot inside, She wandered in and started to look at the displayed objects being sold. She found an odd part of armor being sold for 4 coins, A wooden contraption that didn't make sense to her that was 5 coins, A small potted plant that was 1 coin. Fae finally spotted the Pale which was 3 coins, it was made of thick bamboo and the inside was covered in a dried substance that held it together, the handle was cheap but it was strong and made it super easy to carry the bucket. She brought the pale to the desk where the hooded figure stood behind the table.

[???] "You want to purchase this pale ay? Three coins should do the trick."

The unknown hooded figure sounded feminine, and was definitely a nominee for being Ellegaard. Before she put down the coins to give to the hooded person, Fae had something on her mind.

[Fae] "Before I buy this pale, do you happen to have any books or scrolls? specifically about The Valley or the Legendary Trico?" Fae expected so much from that question

The hooded figure said nothing as she bent over to grab a bunch of rolled up scrolls that were labelled "All known information about The Valley" And put them Infront of Fae.

[???] "All of these scrolls will cost you 10 coins, if you would like."

[Fae] "Oh hold on"

Fae panicked a little bit, She had actually wondered if there was some sort of chance she had coins on her. Fae luckily found some extra coins in her pouch, and had enough to buy both the Pale and the scrolls. She put her coins on the table and let the hooded figure take them.

[???] "Thanks for the coins young lady, if you ever need anything else just come to my shop. I sell many odd things that people never buy, but will sometimes need, and then they regret not buying my items."

Fae thought that was odd, if people were not buying from her Market and wanting a specific item that was on sale, maybe she was not as popular as the smaller shops closer to the middle of the village.

[Fae] "Thank you, by the way. Who are you exactly?"

The hooded figure seemed to had only noticed her hood was up, she took it down and looked at Fae.

[Ellegaard] "You may call me Ellegaard, I run this small shop on this hill and no one but you has visited this shop in almost a month now." Ellegaard seemed to like talking to Fae.

[Fae] "Lucky you! anyway, I'm off to my family's farm."

They waved at each other before Fae left the store holding the Pale and had kept her scrolls within the pale. She finally could find answers too everything she thought about the Valley. and could give her dad the Pale he needed.

 After a little walk back to the village, She navigated her way through the busy area and made her way back to the farm.

After she arrived back at the farm, she wandered to the pig pen where her dad originally was, she left the Pale there and took the scrolls out, making sure they weren't damaged. Fae clutched them and ran towards her house. Fae's mother was outside, sweeping the floor of her deck. 

[Fae's Mother] "Your finally back! I was wondering where you went. Did you happen to visit the village?"

[Fae] "Yes, I bought a pale for dad and bought these interesting scrolls for myself."

[Fae's Mother] "Good to hear that you were strong enough to go to the village and buy some things, how responsible you must be!" 

Fae knew how she acted when bumping into Niles, she wishes that she grew up like the other kids and was able to play games with them, But every time she asked it was always a big "No, your an outcast!" answer.

[Fae] "I'm gonna go study these now, Love you mom!"

[Fae's Mother] "I love you too honey!"

Fae walked inside and went up the stairs to her room. She laid out the scrolls on her desk and studied them for hours upon hours, until it was almost midnight. She had learned so much from the scrolls.

Fae had remembered that she needed to do a midnight check on the animals every couple of days. so she had gotten up and walked to the door.