Chapter 1 Part 1 | The Fallen Angel

Fae exited her house and started to walk to the main barn. She couldn't stop thinking about what she had just read, everything in those scrolls was unknown to her and she even had a theory in her mind that she was the first to ever get her hands on this scroll. Fae never guessed how insanely incorrect she was about all her knowledge of The Valley, and that it was actually called The Nest. As she approached the door she shook the fresh thoughts out of her head to focus on her task. She entered the barn and noticed one of the chickens was wandering outside the chicken coop.

[Fae] "When did you escape you little rascal!"

She picked up the chicken as it freaked out and brought it back over to the chicken coop, where is slowly made it's way inside the coop and into its nest. Fae felt a overcome of relief as she leaned against the wall as she looked around for any more issues. Before she could spot another issue she suddenly collapsed due to being up too late and fell asleep on the ground.

Eventually, A loud screech like sound was able to be heard from where she was, it was faint but loud enough to wake Fae up.

[Fae] "Gah! what was that?" She yelled as she stood up immediately.

Fae never really wanted to trust odd sounds in the night, but it sounded like an injured animal, and she could finally get her chance of saving one and being a hero to the village. She exited through the big barn door and started to jog in the direction of the sound.

Many minutes of jogging and avoiding trees and rocks later, She started to hear a whining ambience from the bushes ahead of her, she slowly approached the bush with precaution. Fae was not quite sure what she was getting herself into, but she knew that this creature was making sounds for a reason.

As she reached the bush, She used her hand to push the leaves aside and to reveal the loud creature, she was stunned immediately at the sight of her discovery. This was no ordinary bird or wild dog or anything that you would see daily with in the forest, but she knew one thing for certain.

This was no mere animal, This was a legendary beast, known as the Trico.

[Fae] "W-What the..." She was about to faint, but she held herself together.

The creature was breathing heavily, it seemed to be asleep now, but she assumed earlier it awake. She lifted it into her arms, as it wasn't quite as big as the legends said it was, But it was quite heavy.

As she started to walk back with the legendary Trico in her hands, She noticed that the creature wasn't as accurate to the legends as she read from the scrolls. The creature instead of having dark grey feathers, it had white feathers with some darker areas, But that wasn't the only flaw this creature had. The Trico did not have glowing turquoise horns, instead they were a pinkish-red and they didn't glow that brightly. The creature was also slightly injured at the legs and neck, as if it was in a rough fight with something.

Fae felt so sorrow for the creature, she knew it couldn't live on its own out here in the forest if it was going to get hurt like this. She knew she made a good decision.

As she started to approach the barn she noticed that she left the barn door open, she didn't mind and it helped her get inside faster. She walked over to one of the horse stalls and opened the gate with her leg, she slowly placed the creature down and felt its soft fluff and feathers. The creature was now breathing normally again and was still fast asleep.

Fae again felt so bad for this poor creature, she got the point that it may be dangerous but it was a living breathing animal that would die if she didn't do anything about it. Fae got up and sighed.

[Fae] "Guess I should go sleep..." she whispered to herself as she closed the gate and headed for the door. Again she made her way towards her home and walked inside, she walked up to her room and went inside. Fae quietly jumped on her bed as she went into deep thought about the creature. She didn't know how she was going to protect it, and let it free without getting it killed with in the wilderness. Once somebody saw the Trico she knew everything would go down from then on But despite her heavy thoughts of being discovered, She really felt bad for whatever got the creature so far from the Nest. She theorized about the creature until she dozed off.

(Hey! this is my first public story ever! so sorry if it doesn't seem that well made. I am going to try and make longer chapters and this is just part 1 of chapter 1 so its not even close to being done. I am hoping to at least get one person to read this maybe? not sure. I will get around to continuing this story eventually. Btw, if you have any questions I might answer them in the comments! so just ask away! Edit: I made this note last year, tbh I have experience Im just not that good, so if you notice any mistakes just comment ofc)