Prologue Part 2: Awakened By A Storm

Fae is hesitantly woken up by a strike of thunder from outside, which was quite loud, She got up from her old and creaky bed that squeaked whenever she touched it. And approached the window in her room.

It was thundering pretty hard at the time, nobody was outside of their homes within the village, Everybody played inside and slept through the storm. Some people were somewhat enjoying the calm rain, but hurried inside as soon as thunder had struck somewhere close enough to give them a scare. Eventually it stopped and she went into deep thought.

Fae snapped back into reality after watching the village outside her window and walked downstairs, to be greeted by her mother making breakfast for her, Her Family didn't have the best food, but Fae seemed to like it enough to eat it every day. Today her mother had made her a salad with local berries and very sweet mushrooms, She took her time and eventually finished it all, and walked to the front door and slipped her sandals that her dad gifted to her when she was old enough to wear them. Her mother exited through the back door to go check on the crops. Fae stepped outside, the old wooden door shut behind her as she started to locate her father, who was probably feeding the animals or using his anvil.

After looking around for a while, she had found her father feeding the pigs.

[Fae] "Greetings Dad" 

She tapped him on the back as he threw a handful of vegetables into the pig pen. 

[Fae's Father] "Oh, Fae! good morning sweetie!"

Her father said with pride as he turned around to look at his daughter.

[Fae's Father] "What are your plans for today, thinking of going to the village today at all?"

 He asked Fae as she kicked the grass a little bit. 

[Fae] "Maybe, I really wanna go play with the other children but they all think I'm so boring and weird." 

[Fae's Father] "Ohhh, don't worry sweetie, maybe just stay quiet this time and do you mind if you buy me a thing from the store?" 

Her father tried to help, but that is what he said every time.

[Fae] "Alright, what do you need from the store anyways?"

[Fae's Father] "I need a pale, and a good one too. Somebody named Ellegaard was auctioning one the other day so I need one, Here is 5 gold for it."

Fae got slightly upset as she wondered off, But she shook it off, She wondered if Ellegaard sold anything other then buckets, and maybe she some books or scrolls Fae could read before she got into bed and drifted sleep. 

As she got farther way from her house, she could see from a distance that the rain had cleared over all the villages within the area, and it was heading for The Valley. A huge mountain like structure home to the legendary species known as the Trico. She always dreamed of seeing a real one ever since it was proved to be a real creature, but feared the consequences of actually encountering one first hand as she knew that they were dangerous and would probably kidnap her at any given moment. She kept thinking about The Valley as she followed the dirt path down to the village.