6

Later that day, when Hongjoong originally thought that Seonghwa was going to finally message him. But he eventually forgot the fact that right after the older had given him his number, the blue haired man immediately ran away.

His ears were so red as he ran up the wet pavement, not bothering to open up his umbrella when it started to drizzle lightly. The moment he got back to their company building, heart pounding loudly in his chest, he almost cried.

The receptionist by the front desk gasps loudly when the glass door slammed open, immediately spitting out curses when she noticed that he was soaked with rainwater, umbrella useless in his hand.

"Sir, you'll get sick!" She called out while pulling a dry towel from under the desk, watching the boss stand there, frozen stiff. "Sir?"

She comes out from behind the counter to check on him, only to see nothing behind those eyes but his lips moving slightly. The lady makes a confused noise when passing the towel before Hongjoong spoke louder, "...ber..."

"Sir?" She asks again after opening the fabric and throwing it around his shoulders(she was surprisingly taller than him).

"I got his number!" He suddenly exclaims, hands grabbing her shoulders and shaking them, eyes widened and all. "Yes?!" She screams to encourage him even though she didn't understand anything that was going on.

"Yes I did!" Hongjoong shrieks out even louder, still shaking the receptionist's shoulders.

But he suddenly stumbled and fell back, if it wasn't for her grabbing his arms and pulling him back up. She wasn't one for man in her arms anyways, she had a girl waiting at home for her.

"Sir?" She asks one more time, already rethinking her career options. But she got no reply. The man had fainted from running in thr rain(judging from the heat from his forehead when the lady touched it). Hongjoong's head fell back and she sighed loudly at him, signalling at the security cams to get someone to help her.

"My work contract did not say this."

double update later 🥲