5

When Yunho said that he was probably a touched starved loner, he didn't think it was going to be THAT BAD. He had Yunho hugging him in all the time, and sometimes even the younger boys from the place he worked at would sling their arms around his shoulder and all that.

He never thought that a short blue haired man he just met could make his day a hundred times better, despite the fact that the sun was still out, or more like the clouds that loomed over the small city. It did not help that he felt the skin on his hand tingle when the other man had caressed his knuckles lightly while laughing hardly.

Even if the downpour outside was getting heavier at each passing second again, the rowdy diners in the background howling even louder than before, all his attention was on the blue haired stranger and him alone.

The lump in his throat made him hope Hongjoong wasn't anything like his previous partner, who was a massive dickhead and a walking red flag, because the moment he wrapped his arms around the bluenette, something had sparked within him.

Even if he had only spent the past thirty minutes chatting away with Hongjoong, coincidentally ordering the same food and sharing many similar traits, he ought to be proved wrong about how he felt around Hongjoong.

Heart fluttering every time the smaller man laughed at his jokes, or how Hongjoong always seemed to look certainly quite handsome while eating.

"Then they started going off at me for saying that mint chocolate is just cold toothpaste," hongjoong dramatically runs a hand through his hair, "like, i wouldn't want to inhale a cup full of toothpaste now would i?"

seonghwa could barely stifle his laughter while he was mid-bite into his food, "i mean you could if you tried."

"yeah, no," he says sarcastically and flicks his hair.

hongjoong picks up his chopsticks to take another bite of his dumpling when his phone suddenly started vibrating in his pocket.

seonghwa smiles softly and gestures at him to take the call, turning away to look out of the window as he drank his tea, giving privacy for hongjoong to answer his call.

"what?!" seonghwa gives a side glance to his new companion who almost shouts in rage, "what do you mean mingi set the props on fire again?"

at this, seonghwa's eyes widen and chokes on his tea. he waves a hand at hongjoong when he glanced at seonghwa worriedly, gesturing at him to continue with his call as he coughs into his palm.

"goddamnit. is he on the line?" the younger man grumbles as he starts patting seonghwa's back.

"uhm, give me a moment. he's starting to cry," seonghwa could barely hear the person on the other line over his coughing and the loud ruckus happening behind them in the diner.

"Shit," hongjoong sighs loudly, "i'm going to HQ, stat. that fire better be controlled by the time i'm there."

"As you wish, sir."

hongjoong ends the call and slams his phone onto the counter and sighs loudly again. he turns to seonghwa and smiles sheepishly at him. "sorry about that."

the older man waves him off again and takes a sip of his drink, wiping his mouth with his napkin. "so, i'm assuming you're going to go now?" seonghwa asks.

"yeah, seems like it," hongjoong replies and just looks at him, giving him a forced smile. "as much as i would love to continue our amazing conversation from earlier, i need to settle my team down." he shoves the last dumpling into his mouth, his cheeks puffing out like a little chipmunk.

seonghwa giggles at that thought and hongjoong just looks at him, confused. "what?" he asks with his mouth full, starting to panic and become insecure of his face. was there a piece of meat stuck to his chin? was his hair out of place? did he get a stain onto his shirt??

"what's wrong?" hongjoong asks again when seonghwa laughs even harder, a beautiful smile on his lips.

"s-sorry," the older said between his gasps, "you just look so cute!"

the younger man was taken aback. he froze on the spot, contemplating his life decisions as seonghwa giggled at his funny expression. he hadn't expected the pretty stranger to compliment him so easily.

"i-" hongjoong tried defending himself but makes an embarrassing, flushed mess of himself. seonghwa almost starts crying because of how cute he looked. his ears were incredibly red, forcing down the last mouthful of the dumpling before he chokes on it.

as much as he wanted to bask in the warmth of seonghwa's laughter, he really needed to rush to his studio and sort out the mess.

"haa...you looked hilarious!" seonghwa beams and hongjoong swore he felt the sun shining on him. seonghwa wipes the corner of his eye before cleaning up the space before him.

Hongjoong can only admire him. The way his delicate fingers pick up his used tissues and brush the hair out of his face, or the fact that he seemed to be pouting, as if sad that their conversation had ended so 'quickly'.

"sorry to hold you back, i know you're going to be late now because of me," the older man bows and apologises to the blue-haired after he returns from throwing their trash away. hongjoong immediately shook his head.

"no, it's alright. I'm taking care off a bunch of adults, it shouldn't be too bad," hongjoong jokes. they made their way out of the diner and stood awkwardly in front of each other for a while.

hongjoong hesitated on getting seonghwa's number, but fuck it, it's either go big or go home.

"so uh, this is goodbye?" seonghwa mumbles, a little dejected, as he takes a step back, away from the direction of where hongjoong was heading.

"y-yeah."

"oh, okay," a sudden flash of sadness was visible in his eyes, but they disappeared as quick as they came.

the younger man's eyes widened slightly when he realised what he just did, his reply that came from the head completely different from what he wanted to say from the heart.

seonghwa turns away to leave but hongjoong does the unexpected.

"w-wait! seonghwa!" he immediately reaches forward to clasp his wrist before the other could go any further, effectively stopping him in his tracks.

seonghwa could feel himself tense up, the tingling feeling returning to his skin where he felt hongjoong touch him. a little bummed from earlier, he turns around to face him.

"y-yes?" curse his stuttering, he was supposed to be calm! the butterflies in his tummy said otherwise when he made eye contact with the shorter man.

but hongjoong suddenly releases his grip, and the next sentence throws seonghwa off his feet, "am i allowed to touch you?"

seonghwa immediately nods. good lord, who is this short man that seonghwa had stumbled upon this rainy day? he's absolutely perfect in all ways.

"could-" hongjoong sighs again when he feels his face flush bright pink. "could i get your number?"

seonghwa would say he's flabbergasted, but this was expected. he'd seen the way hongjoong looks at him through his peripheral view while he was cleaning. deep down, seonghwa was glad he managed to grab the attention of such a unique man.

'Please,' the older man thought to himself.

"Sure!" seonghwa had heard himself say, not a single thought behind those words, and he might have regretted it. but he would do anything to see hongjoong during lunch again.

the shorter man beams at him, his shoulders sagging with relief.

And they said 'love at first sight' wasn't a thing.