Chapter Twenty Five

Rúben

It takes me a couple of seconds to realise what's happening. Christina just walked toward me, grabbed my face and started to kiss me. God, I should have baked her a cake sooner.

I gently hold her face while I start to kiss her back. She is the one in charge right now, and I love that. I want her to be the one who decides how slow or fast things move, not me.

Slowly, she starts to deepen the kiss, and my hands move from her face to her waist and then down to her hips. Every time I hear one of her little moans, I hold her tighter. God, she'll drive me crazy.

She takes that as a sign to keep moving faster and moves her legs so she's straddling me. I break the kiss and move back slightly to be able to properly look at her. Her dress has been hicking up and I can see her beautiful legs. I move my hands over her thighs until I reach her underwear. Are those some of the panties she was folding in front of me yesterday?

Then I slowly look up, until I see her flushed face. She's staring at me while I stare at her. The intensity of her gaze too much for me.

"Are you just going to look at me, Rúben?", she laughs.

"I'd be happy just staring at you forever", I whisper.

She smiles and leans down to connect our lips again. We slowly explore each other, because we have all the time in the world. This isn't a one-time thing. There is no need to rush things.

My shirt is unbuttoned by her wandering fingers and thrown to the floor. I do the same with her dress, leaving her in just her underwear in front of me. How can someone be so stunning? It makes no sense.

She then focuses on giving my neck the same attention she had given to my lips. Wet kisses are followed by little bites, that leave me lightheaded. One of her hands is playing with my hair, while the other keeps going down...until she reaches my crotch. She applies the smallest amount of pressure, but it's enough to make me snap.

I hold her hips and move her from my legs so she's laying down on the sofa and I can be the one on top.

She looks at me and laughs. "I was wondering when you'll want to take charge".

But despite that little change in pace, we still take our time. Tasting, exploring, learning how good it feels to finally be together.

Christina

Even though I'm exhausted after a long day at work and my night shenanigans with Rúben, I can't fall asleep.

It only took him two seconds to fall asleep after I finished getting ready for bed and got into it again to cuddle him. And I love that. I know he hasn't been sleeping well since being kicked out of the World Cup. So knowing that he is resting now makes me very happy. He needs it.

I just keep staring at his sleepy face. He looks so much younger like this. No tension on his face, just fully relaxed. His arms are around my waist and he sometimes holds me tighter in his sleep, which makes me smile.

Slowly, my eyes close as well and I join him in dreamland.

**

When my alarm wakes us up, I feel Rúben moving to stop it. He then goes back to holding me and starts planting soft kisses on my neck.

"Bom dia", he says.

"What was that?", I ask with a little giggle.

"Good morning in Portuguese".

"Oh. Well, same to you then. I'm going to have to take some lessons to know what you are saying to me", I say before kissing him. "You were saying quite a few things in Portuguese last night".