72. A Sound Argument

Start from the beginning

Mikasa stayed silent as she stared at Kiyomi.
.
.

The higher-ups of every regiment were now outside of the room as they took a break from the meeting.

The four Garrison's started murmuring together.

"First of all, I still don't get what a 'nation' is, to begin with."

"Anyway, if we can exploit Hizuru, we must do whatever we can."

"What if this is a trap?"

"I think we should ask Yelena's opinion about this."
.

Inside the room Kiyomi and two Azumabitos were sitting at a table while Yelena and the Marleyans stood behind them.
.

The Garrison's stared at the closed doors with crossed arms or hands on their hips.

"No! That would be exactly what they want!"

They stared at each other until a voice interrupted them.

"But there's one thing we can be sure of." Pixis said. They turned to him. "We're nothing but a little, tottering baby in this world connected by the seas." He walked up to the door. "What we should do is stay quiet and just listen." The door opened and they walked in.
.

Mikasa looked after them as Historia approached her and looked up at her with a smile. "Hey, why'd you only show that mark to Eren?"

"Eh?" Mikasa said, looking down at her.

"I mean you never showed what's inside that bandage around your wrist to anyone." Historia said smiling.

Mikasa held her wrist and looked away while she stuttered. "This is... well.."

Eren and Faye walked up to them.

"Well, isn't that obvious?" Faye asked with a smirk, walking up to them.

Mikasa blushed and looked away.

"Yeah. How could I forget." Historia said, smiling.

"You seem happy." Eren said with a smile.

"I am." Historia said and went closer to Mikasa's face. "We both shoulder a heavy burden because of our birth. There's no better person to have as a companion than you, Mikasa and your mom too."

Mikasa's eyes widened at her as she blushed again at her words.

Historia grinned at her while she also had a light blush on her face.

Eren and Faye smiled at them while Hange stood in the background waiting for them.
.
.

They sat together at different tables. Hange, Mikasa, Faye and Eren and a few other higher-ups from other regiments sat in front of Kiyomi and Historia sat at the head of the table.

The others sat at other tables behind them. They all had paper laying in front of them.
.

"Today is a historical day for both our nation." Kiyomi exclaimed. "This day would never come if not thanks to Zeke Yeager, who brought us together. I would like to report that in exchange of letting us meet you, Lady Mikasa, we met the man in secret and agreed to certain conditions."
.
.

Zeke and Kiyomi sat in a dark room.

Kiyomi's guards standing behind her.

"First, please take a look at this." Zeke said and held up the Odm gear, he stole from Mike.

Kiyomi's eyes widened at that. "This is...?"

"Oh, you already knew about this?" Zeke asked, surprised. "This was supposed to be a top-secret in Marley. This vertical maneuvering gear is a Titan-killing weapon developed on Paradis. I procured this on my own, so rest assured." He held it up to her. "I shall give this to you. However, you'll need a special kind of fuel to make this work."