Chapter 7-Talk

~Yoongi~

The next morning, before I could even open my eyes, the soft scent of fresh laundry, vanilla, and some sort of flowers filled my senses. I inhaled and sighed, content from the pleasant fragrance and instantly recognized the scent as I remembered who it belonged to: Sage.

I opened my eyes and turned my head to find her still sleeping peacefully and I smiled. Her hands were pillowed under her cheek, lips pursed together, eyelids fluttering as if she were dreaming. Her black cherry-colored locks were lying messily around her head and face and I grinned as I reached up to move a few strands from her cheeks.

I traced the curve of her face with my fingertip down to her mouth and gently grazed my thumb across her lips, learning the angles of her face. I watched her as she began to stir awake and smiled softly at how lovely she was, even while sleeping.

I wondered in the moment how I'd gone so long without really noticing her full beauty. At first I found her annoyance with me charming but the ruder she was to me when we'd see each other the more I grew tired of her attitude. I knew I'd been blinded by irritation and that had kept me from giving her more than a second glance. I was definitely sorry for that as I watched her wake up, taking in her soft features, but grateful that she was there as she turned her head to greet me after opening her eyes.

"Morning, Sage," I greeted, my voice gravelly from sleep.

Sage yawned sleepily before replying, "Good morning, Yoongi." Her soft voice was a little hoarse and her eyes were still sleepy; fuck she was cute.

"How'd you sleep?"

She moaned and stretched her arms out before answering, "Mmm, really well actually. Your bed is so comfortable."

"Yeah, it's not too bad."

"How about you?" she asked.

"I slept okay," I mumbled with a smile. "I could've gotten more sleep if I hadn't had a smoking hot woman sleeping next to me though."

Sage rolled her eyes and snickered. "Well, you're the dumbass that asked me to stay over."

"I know but feeling your ass brushing against me at four in the morning when you turned to your side had me regretting it for a moment," I grinned. "It took all my strength not to wake you up and break the 'no sex' rule."

She shivered before rolling her eyes and laughing. "You're an idiot. You made the stupid rule, remember? You could've broken it."

"I know. But like I said, you're-"

"Not ready," she cut me off. "I know, I know. So why don't we fix that? You say that we're not having sex until I know you better so let's start now. Today is a new day and the whole reason you asked me to spend the night with you was to give us the chance to talk this morning."

I smiled and leaned in to her, dropping a light kiss on her forehead. "Believe me, that's not the whole reason." I snaked my arm around her waist and flattened my palm against her back before pulling her body into my frame.

I leaned in and brushed a light kiss across her lips before moving to her neck, inhaling her scent as I began leaving wet kisses against her skin.

"Yeah? Care to tell me what the other reasons might be?" Sage asked, her voice soft and breathy as I began to gently suck and bite her skin.

"I'd love to," I mumbled. "You just have to say the word."

"Yoongi," she whimpered as she began to grind her hips into me.