Chapter 2-Defiance

*Author note-This chapter contains mature content. Read at your own risk.

~Sage~

I gasped at Yoongi's words before staring at him. I was unable to hide the goosebumps that popped up across my skin...I couldn't believe he'd actually said that to me. And the worst part about it?

With just a few cocky sentences from this arrogant man, I was completely turned on.

"Well, clearly you're drunk," I said, laughing off his words as I involuntarily shivered. "Because me begging you for anything, especially if it's sexual, will never happen."

Yoongi eyed me for a moment, his expression unreadable, as I moved away from him. His eyes darted up and down my body and after a few tense seconds he chuckled.

"Whatever you say," he said, his face relaxing and resembling the cocky, arrogant Yoongi I'd gotten to know.

I rolled my eyes and downed my drink in three smooth swallows before placing my empty glass on the bar. I could still feel his eyes on me and I turned to look at him, my eyes narrowing. "What?" I asked him, feeling annoyed. "Why the fuck are you staring at me?"

His face was still blank, giving nothing away, as he stared pointedly at me. Before he could respond I heard a familiar and friendly deep voice say, "Sage, Yoongi, there you both are."

I tore my eyes away from Yoongi to find my friend/boss Kim Taehyung standing before me dressed in a gorgeous navy suit with a happy grin on his handsome face.

"Well hey doc," I replied, stepping away from the bar and enveloping him in a hug. "I'm so happy for you, my friend."

"Thank you Sage," he answered me. He pulled back and nodded at Yoongi, saying, "Good to see you bro."

"You too," he replied politely, looking at his friend warmly. "Congratulations man."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes...why was he nice to everyone but me?

Dick.

"Thanks hyung," Taehyung said. "So, are you both enjoying the party?"

Yoongi nodded and replied, "Uh yeah, I have been. I've not been here long but I'm already having a nice time. I stopped in Bora's playroom and played with her, Ji, and Nabi for a little bit before I came out here."

Taehyung grinned and said, "That's great. I'm sure Bora was excited to see her Uncle Yoongi. She really adores you."

Yoongi smiled fondly and laughed, "Yeah, that little girl of yours likes me for some reason. I don't get it."

Me either, Bora.

"So, how about you, Sage? Are you having a good time?"

"Uh, yeah, it feels good to be out and to see all of you outside of the office," I replied. "Your home is lovely, by the way. The decor, the theme for the wedding...your groom to be definitely knows how to throw a party for sure."

Taehyung laughed and said, "Yeah, I tried getting him to hold back since this is technically just a rehearsal dinner, but you know Jimin. His reasoning was that since we're already having the wedding here at the house the rehearsal dinner should be an extension of that. When he celebrates something, he goes all out."

"That's definitely true," Yoongi said with a deep chuckle. "Bora's birthday party alone was a big deal. Now that you all are getting married, I'm honestly a little afraid of how big this wedding will be tomorrow."