Chapter Fifty-Seven: I Didn't Get Dumped

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I make up my mind.

I'd just tell him to get out and slam the door on his face. Yeah, it'll be easy.

Slowly, I raise up from my bed, dragging my body to the door. It takes me almost three minutes to reach downstairs, not to mention I hadn't showered today and everything felt heavy and smelly and lazy.

Another one rings in the mean time.

"Goddammit," I muttered under my breath, racing toward the door.

Even when he was messing with my head for the last two months, I couldn't help but feel my heart pounding inside my chest, whether in excitement or anger- I didn't know. But I sure as hell knew that I wanted nothing more than to open that door right now.

Putting on a hard face, I grabbed the door knob and twist it open, ready to call him off. "I'm not going to talk right now so please, can you leave?" I opened my eyes to look at him, my heart rate at it's highest when something throws me off.

It wasn't Jayden.

It isn't anyone I was expecting either.

"Hey," Austin chimed and without letting me speak, he bumped me away with his hips and entered.

I turned around to face him, my heartbeat dropping in an alarming manner. I wasn't expecting this at all. 

Austin Stonestreet was wearing a sunglass at this hour, his hair tousled like he's sprinted merrily on the way and was wearing a red and black letterman jacket with faded dark jeans- a style I would say was very Austin-ish.

There was also a small red patch on his cheekbone that I noticed.

But I didn't get it.

"Why are you here?" I frowned and closed the door, while Austin jumped on the kitchen counter, making himself comfortable there.

"Shouldn't you be greeting me instead, Shorts?" he blew a raspberry, bobbing his legs up and down before coming down from the counter then walking across the place to the living room and settled himself on one of the couch instead.

I leaned on the doorway of the place, watching him spreading his legs and tanking them up on the coffee table without any care to the various magazines and my homework on top of them.

Austin somehow felt me looking at him because he froze, then slowly averted his gaze to me although it was hard to decipher with his sunglasses. "The fuck you looking at?"

I sighed. "Jayden sent you, didn't he?"

His eyebrows shot up. "Oh did he now? Fancy knowing that."

"Just tell the truth."

He squinted his eyes at me, giving me a look-over before saying, "So you think Jayden sent me to look after his queen-baby-boo, and I've came here all the way from my shitty father's house, leaving my important tasks, to accompany her?" He scoffed. "I have a life, you know."

I chuckled. "Yeah and that life consists of spending night in everyone's' place in turn because you have nothing to do."

Austin threw his hands up excitedly. "Not my fault my daddy throws me out every single weekdays!"

"Why're you here, Austin?"

"To accompany you."

"And who told you to do that?"

"So I can't come to look after my best friend after she gets dumped? " He snapped and a smile crawled its way up my lips, a real one after what seemed like eternity.

That was freaking sweet.

The smile turned into a grin as I crossed my arms, still looking at him in the eyes. "Who told you to do that, Austin?"