"You know jerk, it isn't exactly sincere to ask someone to date and then let a girl flirt with you in the same day in front of the person you proposed" Vesper said annoyed and I chuckled.

Even in this situation I couldn't help but adore his feistiness.

"Bel tentativo, ma no" my tone was laced with authority as I turned my attention back to the girl, making her look at me with hatred.
[Nice try, but no]

"Suit yourself then De Niro family's head" she laughed and pulled out a gun.

My hand tightened the grip on Vesper's hand as I moved and covered him with my body.

If only I could get him into the car...he would be safe then.

"La questione è tra noi, non coinvolgiri i civili in questo"
[The matter is between us, don't involve civilians in this]

"Hey don't speak Italian I don't understand anything! And omg, is that a FREAKING GUN?" Vesper gasped behind me and I could almost feel the urge to smack him.

Why can't this genius sense the seriousness of the situation?

"Okay" she answered and put her gun away.

"Vesper get in the car" I ordered him but being who he was, he refused.

"Why? So that you guys can shoot me?" he joked but a hard glare from me shut him up and he got into the car.

"Don't move and...here, take this gun for emergency" I told him and he nodded.

"Now, where were we sweetie-" a bullet grazed my arm light enough to just touch the bone but deep enough to make me bleed out and I hissed in pain.

Fuck?!

"I was about to kill you for denying boss's orders" she yelled, pointing her gun at me with four other figures standing beside her.

"You don't want to do this. My family will hunt you all down-"

"Our life belongs to the major family and I am ready to die for them" she replied without any hesitation and I gritted my teeth.

I forgot for a second that the pups of the Bernardii's were as loyal as they can get.

"Now prepare to die-" she pointed her gun to my head but faster than I could comprehend, a series of bullets fired from my left, each one going through their hearts.

"What the-" around twenty men in black suits stepped in front of me, shielding me from the new assailants that stepped out of the shadows.

"Please get away from here, we will handle the situation" a man with dreadlocks told me and I looked at him confused.

He was definitely not one of my men.

"Who sent you?"

"Revans"

Revans?

"Please leave now" he urged as a gunshot was heard and I ran to the car, yanking the door open and climbing into the shotgun.

"Why the fuck-LORD ARE YOU BLEEDING?" Vesper gasped in disbelief, staring horrified at my dripping red sleeve and before I could resist tore a piece of his shirt tied it around my arm.

"To stop the bleeding" he muttered.

"Are you worried about me?"

"Let me rephrase, Do you want to be in a car with a person who is bleeding out? My answer is no." he retorted.

"Let's get out of here first" he rolled his eyes at my smug face and hit the pedal.