5| Steamy

"We outnumber you ten to one, just surrender and we might let you live Caspian" my attacker laughed behind my back as more hooded figures stepped out and encircled me

"Who sent you?" I gritted my teeth and tried not to react to the crowd around me.

"Your well wishers"

Well wishers my ass.

"What do you want?"

"For you to surrender, no for De Nir-" my hand was on my waist before he finished his sentence, grabbing my gun and pointing it to his forehead.

Almost instantly all the people around us drew out their gun and pointed it to my head.

"No one messes with my family" I warned in a low voice before looking up at the roof of the neighbouring building and just like the past years, my men stood overhead with their guns aimed at each one if my attackers.

"You are not alone?" my attacker growled.

"You expected the boss of a mafia to walk around without security in the middle of the night? Great IQ you have got there I must say" I moved the gun to his chin and pressed the nozzle under it, making him look at me with hatred.

"We are not alone either....I mean, your friend in the car is pretty cute!" he laughed.

My friend?

Fuck!

"Don't you dare touch him!" I growled but he just looked at me with a crazed look in his eyes.

My heart started thumping frantically thinking about Vesper and I gave a little nod before shooting the nuisance in front of me.

With that bang of my gun, ten more gunshots fired, the hooded assailants dropping down dead all around me.

I ran to the parking lot, leaving my men behind, expecting to see a lot of bloodshed but I just saw Vesper chatting away with a girl.

"Yeah no so we don't really know each other" he said and before his eyes landed on mine.

Thank god he was safe!

"Your friend was asking about you Caspian!" he waved to me and I strided over sternly to the duo.

"Hi Caspian" she smiled, and my first reflex was to gag.

"Who are you?" I grabbed Vesper's hand and pulled him behind me. He tried to resist but I couldn't care less and just used more force.

"Adrianna wishes to meet you" she told me, grazing my face lightly with her nails.

Was this supposed to be seductive or what?

"E perché dovrei?" I smiled, fully aware of the guy cursing me out behind me and trying to get out of my hold.
[And why would I?]

"Solo lei può dirti di più Caspian, io sono solo un messaggero" she whispered in my ear and Vesper pulled me back from her.
[I am just a messenger Caspian]