1| Caffeine Overload

"Can you get me another Iced Americano with two pumps of-"

"-of Caramel syrup, I know Evans" Arlo groaned handing me the drink and I grinned.

"I hope you are aware that this is your fourth, no, fifth Americano right?" he asked me and I nodded, slurping the drink, and staring at the books in front of me.

"I have four assignments due this week Arlo and I have to complete them by tomorrow" I told him, flipping the page.

"Suit yourself. Next shift is yours, just reminding you Caffeine addict" he winked and I chuckled.

I turned my attention back to my books, reading peacefully when the jingle of bell on the door suddenly disrupted my focus. I looked at the door and see three girls giggling and pushing each other in my direction. I sighed and turned back to my assignment, solving the problems.

Wherever me and Arlo were, there were bound to be people trying to get our attention.

After a while I looked up, tired and saw the girls sitting directly infront of me, either pretending or failing miserably to study.

"Hey" one of them smiled and I smiled back, making all three of them squeal.

I closed my books and put them in bag, getting up and stretching my legs.

How long had I been studying for?

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder but froze when I looked at the cafe. The whole place was completely filled up with up with students wearing the classic UCLA jackets.

"Uh-Arlo?" I whispered awkwardly walking to my best friend and he looked at me smirking," Yes Vesper".

"Why are they all here?" I asked him, my face flushing and he clicked his tongue.

"Sandy accidently told her friend that you worked here so yeah, that's pretty much why they are all here. Oh, I can also confirm one hundred percent that they all have been staring at us more than their books" he laughed and I kicked his ankle.

"I will kill Sandy!" I whispered furiously, putting on my apron and wrapping it tightly around my waist.

"Do you want to have dinner with me and Sam?" Arlo asked me, taking off his apron and I shook my head.

Arlo was taller than me, he had really pretty light brown eyes that turned a beautiful amber in the sun, his hair a pale blond. Also his amazing jawline and beautifully toned muscles made him quite a sight to look at.

"I have assignments to finish" I told him and he sighed, "I will never understand why you care so much about credits"

"Do you really want me to tell you why?" I laughed, cleaning the counter with a rag and he shook his head.

"Then I guess Sam and I will proceed with our plans " he picks up his bag and hands me his apron.

"Yeah, plans to fuck" I laughed and he glared at me before walking out of the café.