8| Blue Springs

As soon as Caspian left the room I jumped up from the bed, pulling down my tshirt that had somehow climbed up to my chest, exposing my whole freaking torso

Why the hell did I kiss him?

My face burned as I grabbed my phone from my pocket. The screen showed an outgoing call to Arlo but I shook it off as a butt dial, which wasn't surprising since I was making out-

"Focus!" I shook my head and checked the email.

It was almost comical how Caspian thought he was protecting me when in reality they were my men who helped us.

As expected, an email from Sam lit up my screen.

Got the name of the attacker...her name was Chelsea and the last number she called was an unregistered sim which can not be traced so our only assumption is that it was destroyed soon after its use. The signals trace from Blue Springs to the north of the city.

"Good Job Sam" I smiled as I shut my phone with a sharp flip and put it inside my pocket.

Now that I had a lead on the Bernardii's, I just needed to get out of here and do some tracking.

But, the only question was...how!!?

📚📚📚

Worst. Decision. Ever.

I said my last prayers, as I looked down at the wide garden at least 12 feet from my dangling legs, and hugged the makeshift rope I made from the curtains and bedsheets as if it were my lifeline.

Well, technically, it was my lifeline.

I closed my eyes as I tried to concentrate and recollect myself. I could already see the headlines in my head.

"ACROPHOBIC MOB LEADER, REVANS PASSES AWAY AFTER FALLING DOWN TO HIS CRUSHING DEATH FROM A 12 FEET HIGH CASTLE, Identifies as a student called Vesper"

Or maybe not, since I was in the middle of nowhere , somehow meddled with an Italian mafia.

I shook my head and slowly slid down towards the ground, without breathing and jumped off as soon as the distance between my legs and the ground looked alright.

"Tell me if that wasn't the most daring thing I have ever done" I breathed with relief, massaging my red palms as I sneaked out onto the mansion's garden.

The security was really laughable to be honest...I mean, if a common trespassers could leave then so can any assassinator!

And if he was around me, I was at a risk too...and so was my prurpose.