Got It

Cate

The sun starts to rise and her phone rings while those warm rays enter the room. She may have forgotten what quiet mornings felt like because there always seemed to be a call from her agent, assistant or lawyer. As her hand searches for her phone, she instantly gets up.

"Shit that was today."

She whines after seeing the reminder that said 'Red Carpet Premiere.' She searches for her robe because she's aware that staff will soon need to enter the room. Hence, the phone call from the assistant.

"Cate, we were supposed to be getting ready 30 minutes ago. Hair and makeup will be at your door in 2 minutes."
"I know, I know, sorry. Just not feeling like it today. Do you think they would mind if I didn't make an appearance?"

Cate says despite knowing the answer.

"Cate... c'mon, we've been through this. All you have to do is smile, shake a couple hands, and boom, money! They need you for exposure sweetie. You'll be doing them a big favor."

Cate sighs, as her eyes close. She doesn't care about the money, she never did. She knew she loved her job but these burnouts have been ignored for too long. Either way, she pushes through. So she looks in the mirror, puts on a smile and says,

"Got it. Tell the staff to come in as they please, the door's unlocked."

It took them 2 hours to finish

It took them 2 hours to finish. Cate felt uneasy when they got to the lobby, overwhelmed by the number of people waiting and screaming her name. Her chest sinks for the conflict residing in her head was too loud. She loved the crowd and her appreciation was deeper than the ocean but the universe was not on her side today.