Game On

You

She comes out holding a bag filled with clothes. Some of them were not even completely in so you could say that she just grabbed whatever and went. You get out, take her bag to the trunk, and open the door for her like the gentleman you are.

"Ma'am."

You say with a charming smile. As you get in, you realize how exciting this was and how unreal it felt so you get into a really playful mood and shock Cate as you say,

"Are you ready? For the adventure of a lifetime? For the best weekend ever? For the most thrilling escape? For the-"
"Are you on something?"

Cate cuts you off yet again with her eyes widened, forehead crumpled, and lips curved.

"Well, Ms. Blanchett, I seem to be high on you."

You give her a wink and you both share laughter. After a while, the journey starts. You look at her as she fixes her things. Even her messes look classy. You stare for quite a while, not knowing how sucked in you were for what you were seeing was like a slow-mo movie scene where the main character gets an intro with sentimental background music and bright lighting.

"BEEEEEEEP!"

Cate jumped and you, like the terrific driver you are, managed to avoid the accident gracefully.

"What are you doing?"

Cate asked. You snap back into reality and realize how disappointed you were with yourself.

"Sorry, this never happens I just got distracted."
"You'll have plenty of time to stare."

Your eyes widen and you instantly blush.

"And please, try not to fall in love with me."

She says while looking at you slowly

She says while looking at you slowly. She then ends her stare with a grin. The air is silent, the eye contact between you two hasn't broken, and it felt like hours. You were slowly rushing into panic and just as you were about to say something Cate bursts into laughter.

 You were slowly rushing into panic and just as you were about to say something Cate bursts into laughter

"Oh my goodness you're cute."

Cate says, while laughing her heart out. You calm down and decide to play the game too. You then grin and turn to her.

"So what if I do?"
"Pardon?"
"What if I do fall in love with you? I mean look at you, you're everything anyone could ever ask for. Your smile is a dream and your voice is music. The real question here is, how could anyone not fall in love with you?"

Cate stared at you, her laughter gone. She was speechless. You were supposed to laugh at her blank face to get back at her, but you kind of froze after realizing that everything you said was true.