Six Nightgowns

You

After watching the sunset on the balcony, you both proceed to unpack your things. Cate's clothes looked far too good to be packed in minutes, but maybe all her clothes were that glorious.

"Really Ms. Blanchett? Who brings a cocktail dress to the beach!"

You joke.

"Well Y/N if you must know, I did not have much time to pack. I just grabbed whatever and went."

That confirmed your theory. Cate opens the only closet and stares at it for a while.

"Maybe I could take the upper shelves and you could take the bottom three?"
"Sure Ms. Blanchett, but take all the space you need I didn't really bring much."
"I didn't manage to grab a lot either."

Cate says while pulling out everything she had one by one.

"I have... One cocktail dress, two casual outfits, one swimsuit, and one, two... SIX?!
Six nightgowns?! Oh I should've looked at the stuff I was getting."

Cate covers her face in embarrassment while you laugh your ass off. You were sitting on the floor next to your duffle bag and she was standing in front of the closet. She climbed onto the bed to reach you and hit your arm, but you continued to laugh.

"Maybe that's the universe's way of telling you to stay in bed the whole trip."

You say amidst laughing.

"Wanna stay in bed with me?"

Cate playfully remarks while raising her eyebrows

Cate playfully remarks while raising her eyebrows. Meanwhile, you reacted like you always did.

"What? You shy?"

She continues in her low, glorious voice and slowly moves closer to you, waiting for a response. Tension heats up and the mood was shifting. You didn't want to back down, so you get on your knees, change your gaze and grin. Your fingers slowly lift her chin as you place your head beside hers and whisper,

"In bed, I'm anything but shy."