No Retakes

Cate

Cate thinks about this trip and is very much delighted about it. She's never done anything so spontaneous before, there'd always be a schedule, a contract or itinerary. It made her feel free, like she was living her own life for a change.

After you asked her about her plans, she felt the nervousness in your voice. It was a feeling that she herself was fairly familiar to, so she tried to find a way to calm you down.

"Should I take her hand?"

Cate asks herself and ponders on how great or awkward this gesture could be. However, Cate knew that she would be able to compose herself to make you feel at ease. What's the worst that could happen anyway?

As she takes your hand, a little spark in her ignited. One that she thought would remain rusty forever. She flashbacks to the first movie she was casted in and the first play she finished. It felt the same. She appreciated how you let it stay that way for a while, with your hands intertwined. And although she starred in plenty of movies, she felt like she was actually in one right now.

But with no special effects, no retakes, no restricting lines and no acting. Just a real, genuine moment.

After that moment of bliss, Cate wonders if you took your hand away because the feeling overwhelmed you, or if you just didn't want to feel it at all

After that moment of bliss, Cate wonders if you took your hand away because the feeling overwhelmed you, or if you just didn't want to feel it at all. Either way, she was grateful for the moment you shared.