Won't Be Long

You

As you drive, you get lost in your emotions and occasionally take a glimpse of the woman beside you. She stares out the window, conflicted, so you're sure she wouldn't notice, but just as you try to look again, she turns to you with a wondering look.

"Take a right here, my house is just around the corner."

She sighs.

"I need to get out of this goddamn outfit!"

Cate says and you laugh at the way she speaks to you.

"Well I'm not your goddamn driver!"

You say jokingly as she fiddles with her fingers in embarrassment while letting out a small chuckle.

As you make it to her street, your jaw drops like it always does because the houses were humongous and extravagant and the cars parked were luxurious

As you make it to her street, your jaw drops like it always does because the houses were humongous and extravagant and the cars parked were luxurious. However, in your opinion nothing could beat yours.

"There, it's that one on your right."

Cate says.

"The one with the Porsche parked in the driveway?"

You say with excitement because you were always a fan of cars.

"Yes."

She replies. You park the car, and just before she opens the door you say,

"Wait. You don't HAVE to go anywhere with me, you know that right?"

She looks at you for a while with the same wondering look.

"I know. I want to."

She says with her deep soft voice before lifting herself to get out of the car.

"I won't be long."

She says while holding the car door open.

As she walks towards the house your eyes follow the way her jumpsuit hangs off of her, the way she walks with grace and the way she's been concealing whatever it was troubling her. You watch as she gets in and notice that the bedroom lights open after only a few seconds.

It looks like she's in a hurry. Your delusional self then comes up with the idea that she could be excited to come back to you.