Chapter 29- Tied

Never in my life have did I think I'd be this nervous but here we are.

Lucas has his hands on my shoulders, and I want to slap him.

But I actually need this.

"Look, Dickface, she's beautiful, funny, perfect." I narrow my eyes at him.

"What he means is," Nate interrupts his dumbass words. "Alaina is amazing, she loves you, you love her. You have no reason to be nervous."

"Well you go and do it then!" I throw my hands up, instantly regretting my words.

I point my finger at him and he knows to just pretend I never said that.

Pacing around the room, my fingers run through my hair.

"Dom."

"Hey!"

"Dominic!"

I stop walking, looking at Lucas.

"Quit pacing, I'm getting a headache just watching you."

I can hear her laughing outside the door and its getting closer.

She walks in, still facing whoever she's talking to.

I completely panic, throwing the little box in Nate's direction and he juggles it like we are playing hot potato.

He stuffs it in his pocket, leaning an elbow on the shelf, completely disregarding the whole "act natural" thing.

Alaina faces us and her eyes dart between us all.

Lucas sits on the sofa, flipping through a magazine and pursing his lips like he's found the deal of a lifetime.

Shaking my head, I remember I'm stood upright and still like a statue so basically, all of us have failed to act any form of natural.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" she laughs, but suspicion is laced in her voice.

"Oh, you know, nothing. Nada. Absolutely nothing, we are all doing nothing, right guys?"

I just roll my eyes at Lucas' poor attempt.

"Waiting for you." I take an awkward step forward.

"Oh, you're ready to go?" she looks down at my sweatpants and plain black shirt.

She has this long, red dress on, thin straps and a long slit up the side that shows off her entire thigh.

My breath gets caught in my throat as I drink in the woman in front of me.

"Oh, uh, no but I need your help finding clothes."

"This is your house, you know where the clothes are, Dominic." she doesn't buy a word any of us are saying.

"Woah, our house,"

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. It's been about a year and a half since everything happened.

Alaina moved in officially, even though she was here all day every day anyway.

But now I have the pleasure of 7000 different bottles in my bathroom,  full size, not just the little travel ones. finding hair in every crevice of the house and everything being a whole lot cleaner than when it was just me.

We share a wardrobe, about 70-30 as I own very few clothes and she has an entire shop worth, she has a little desk where her computer sits as well as all that makeup shit.

We are thinking of moving one day, but for now we are happy.

Actually happy. 

I've had the honour of watching her pick herself up and piece herself together.