Chapter 25- Just Drive.

There's only a certain amount of yelling I can take before my head just explodes.

And that certain amount was about 100 curse words and 20 slammed doors ago.

"Oh for goodness sake, Lisa, just go and apologise to her!"

For the record, I agree I deserve an apology, but that's just my opinion.

I've been here for a day and I'm ready to go home.

My door suddenly bursts open, Isla's tired face entering.

"Please. I am begging you, make it stop!" she buries her face in her hands, making me laugh.

Slumping into the chair beside my bed, she throws her head back.

"Can we just go back to when they actually tollerated each other?" 

"I don't even remember when that was."

We both let out a breath, sort of a laugh but I guess this isn't the funniest situation.

Our bodies jolt when my Mom's bedroom door slams again.

I pick the skin around my nails as Isla catches her breath from running over here.

She peers over to the full suit case laying next to me on the bed.

"Don't tell me you're leaving already." she gives me a stare that makes me want to throw myself out the window before she kills me herself.

"Bet you get lots of boy with that lovely stare." I tease, her eyes narrowing even more.

"Woah, calm it." I laugh. "I'm sick of this shit, you wonder why you only see me a few times a year, well this is why." 

Throwing my hands in the air, I take a deep breath and look out the window.

"I just..." her words trail off.

I feel an arm around my shoulders, soft eyes looking down at me now.

"We miss you, Mom shows it in weird ways, but she does."

The room falls silent for a while until my mother's gentle sobbing seeps through the awfully thin walls in this house.

"I got it." she sighs, walking out.

Suddenly the space around me feels sort of cold, empty.

I don't even realise where I'm walking until I reach the twins' room.

Silent. No crying.

Trying not to wake them, I tip-toe closer to the cribs, peering down.

They just look so... peaceful.

I wish we could remember being that small, before life got dropped on us like bricks.

Before we even had enough sense to feel any of this.

Their chests gently rise and fall, its barely even noticable.

My phone starts blaring, my whole body jumping at the noise.

"Dominic, I swear, you better have a good reason for calling." I whisper, closing the door as I walk out.

"What's with the whispering?"

"Babies."

"You want babies?"

"What? No, the twins, dumbass." I plant my face in my palm.

"Sorry, I didn't wake them, did I?"

"Better fuckin' not have or you have a whole other thing coming when I get back."