Chapter 13- Black Tie

-Dominic-

I hate work events.

Walking around, shaking wrinkly people's hands, seeing all my rivals, giving speeches.

Literally pointless.

But this one's different.

I don't have some random girl my dad found for me, or some toxic girl I convinced myself was "the one".

Its Alaina.

I know how stressed she is about this event, whether its about how she looks, spending money, the dress or just the amount of people.

So now I'm in a shop. By myself. Shopping for the "perfect dress" for the perfect girl.

I don't even know where to start, but I do know dark purples or reds look amazing  on her.

The plan is to surprise Alaina, I get how expensive things can be and that pressure is a lot for people.

I feel like an idiot, I'm just roaming around without a clue what she would love.

I turn a corner and I see her.

Andrea.

Throwing my head back, I dread the next few moments as she locks eyes with me.

A smirk breaks out on her face as she takes slow strides towards me.

"Dom, how are you?" her long nails scrape up my arm and I almost shiver.

"What the fuck to you want, Andrea?" 

"Woah, what's with the aggression, baby?" she leans in close and I swear I'm about to choke on the overload of perfume.

"What don't you get, Andrea? I broke up with you, we are no longer together." I look dead into her eyes, the blazes of fury flaring.

"Not for long, you know that you'll come back, you always do."

I can't contain the laugh threatening to escape my lips.

"I have never come back to you, you just decide to come around my house every week, when will you get it?" I lean in as close as I can without touching her.

"We aren't ever getting together again, you treated me like shit, not to mention all the late night trips to your "friends" house."

"Oh for fuck's sake, Dom, you need to grow up." she rolls her eyes.

"Look, I have shit to do, and my girl to get home to-"

"Oh don't tell me you've replaced me with her, that random girl. Your so out of her league and you know it!"

"I'm leaving, go and fuck that guy you were seeing the entire time we dated and I swear to God, I never want to see you at my door again." I walk away, ignoring her words.

I am so sick and tired of that girl, I don't know what went through my head when I asked her on a date.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot the dresses and I let out a sigh.

There's this one that catches my attention right at the back.

Its a long, deep purple dress, the straps hanging off the shoulders, the bottom flowing out.