He began to say I didn't truly love his daughter, that I only sought her solely off her appearance. Which, to admit, I do wholeheartedly believe that his daughter is the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on. I'll give him that.

But, to say that I don't love her? He crossed the line on that one for me. He can say all he wants about me, one thing I know for sure, is that I love my wife very much.

She's the closest to heaven that I'll ever meet.

Well, I'll probably throw in a shot of vodka tonight before her parents come over, just to ease my nerves.

"What time will they be here by?" I ask her as she stood in the kitchen.

I lean on the island as she answers "7pm."

"I know it doesn't always go well with them, but they're coming back from vacation so maybe they'll be in a good mood," she says making me softly laugh.

I then notice her subconsciously scratching her left arm, small red lines forming on her forearm. Subtly harming herself, something she's always done when she's stressed out. Imperfection terrifies her.

I felt bad, for all the tension there is between us. She hates how much her parents and I don't get along, but I'll do my best to make today work. For her.

"Everything is going to go well," I say as I walked to her, wrapping her arms around my torso to separate her hands.

"Maybe we can throw a Xanax or two in their drinks," I joke making her laugh as I then gave her cheek a kiss.

"Can you promise me something?" She says holding out her pinky.

"Anything" I smile at her.

"That today is going to go well," she says making my heart tug.

"I just want a good birthday, with all of us together for once," she says with a small shine of hope in her eyes.

Her relationship with her parents isn't the best. Father left for quite some time when she was a child until about three years ago; their relationship has yet to really be rekindled.

I immediately hold her close to me, kissing the top of her head as I assured her nothing bad was going to happen.

"Today is going to be amazing, I promise," I say holding out my pinky as she smiled at me.

Our pinkies intertwine as we shared a kiss, I could see she was much calmer now.

"I also have a small surprise for you," I tell her making her eyes light up.

I open the long black velvet box, showcasing the diamond necklace. Her lips part, I smile as she was in disbelief.

"Just for today," I say, gently setting her hair back as I carefully placed the necklace on her.

"It's beautiful Jordan," she smiles at the reflection in the mirror.

"I'll be picking up your dress in an hour," I say as she hugs me, thanking me for making today special for her.