part 1

" morning" mirabel smiled to her family, as usual she didn't get a reply. She sits down and alma does her speech, mirabel doesn't pay attention. Once everyone's eating and alma sits down she eats, she finished her food and waited for everyone else to.

After breakfast

Mirabel did the dishes and finished thanks to casita, she left the kitchen when she bumped into somekne" watch where your going mirabel!" Her abuela exclaimed " los siento"she said getting up. She walked past alma and upstairs " I hate this!" She kicked the cupboard, she hissed in pain when she saw something, a map on her wall. It was her papa's he gave it to her and she ne er realy needed it. A smile formed across her face, she took it down and started ti read it." So there's an island thousands of miles away that'll take weeks to get to?" She smiled and put it in ber bag, she put some food, clean water, clothes and her needle and thread. She put them into her bag and zipped it up. She writ some letters to her family so they didn't worry to much. She writ something to everyone including antonio since she would miss his gift ceremony. She smiled and remembered some old boats she had seen on the river. " DINNER!" pepa called upstairs mirabel went downstairs waiting for when night came.

Dinner was fine, she was ignored as usual and silent. Alma stood up and everyone fell silent." As we know it's Antonio's ceremony tommorow and we must prepare" a rainbow appeared" I'll stay a night because antonio needs me to" she thought. " mirabel what will you be doing?"Alma asked, " finishing Antonio's outfit abuela" she smiled and the family nodded. " can I have a jaguar on it?"He smiled, " tonito mirabel isn't that good and we don't want your outfit being ruined" she said and mirabel felt her heart sink a little, she made multiple embroidery animals."but she did her own clothes" he said. " Well she shouldn't have" alma said sternly, mirabel mocked her making camilo snicker, she covered her mouth" what is so funny?" Alma asked." J just I remembered an old joke" he smiled, alma sat down. They went back to conversation and mirabel finished her meal knowing it was one of her last with her mama's cooking.

After dinner

She did the dishes, " mirabel that's my job" pepa said" it's alright tia, you had a hard day it's the least I could do, plus I've finished" she said drying her hands" let me do it next time" pepa sighed, they weren't close but pepa did care about mirabel she just didn't show it. Mirabel nodded and went to her room. She layed on her bed and thought about tommorow, antonio would get his gift, she would be in her room packing anything she may need then she would put the letters in everyone's room, she would leave and no one would notice until the next day when she hadn't woken them up and hadn't set the table. She fell asleep dreaming about her plan.