(20) getting hit in the face repeatedly

Start from the beginning

"Him?"

"Yeah he's the dude with the big hair" Sam nodded, "so his kid, the one with no collarbones, has this communication thing and he accidentally found your transmission, the code...you know silver cat etc. Anyway just so happens that we have this other friend, absolutely gorgeous and also horrendously hilarious and she speaks Russian"

"Where is this friend?"

"Right in front of you, asshole" Sam added the final part in Russian with a wide grin on her face.

The two guards stared at each other for a moment as though unsure what to do. Neither said anything and Sam supposed they were now scared to as they discovered that Sam had been able to understand everything they'd been talking about. The taller hit the other on the arm before they walked from the room quickly, the door swung shut behind them with a click.

Sam sighed loudly, leaning her head back and lolling it around a bit to assess the pain. It wasn't too bad, it probably looked worse. She stood up from her seat and wondered why Russians made such pitiful attempts at tying her up. Sam jumped up and down a couple of times, she didn't know why.

She held her hands up in front of her face and stared at the leather binding her wrists together. There was a large metal buckle keeping it in place. Sam tried to pull her arms apart but this did nothing but threaten to pull muscles in her upper arms.

Sam angled her wrists down and tried to stand on the buckle. Her boots were heavy but she couldn't find a good place to balance her toes, the rubber sole kept slipping. Sam cursed to herself, looking around the empty metal room. Russian's were very unimaginative.

She walked back to the chair she'd been sat on, placing her wrists on either side of the metal. She moved her wrists very fast back and forwards, staring at the way the leather frayed. Maybe if she had another hour this would've worked but she didn't. Sam continued until there was a dent in the leather. Then with all the strength she could muster, she pulled her arms apart again. The leather started to rip and then Sam repeated the process of rubbing it against the chair.

Her heart was racing, the sound seemed to echo in every space around her. Eventually she got halfway up the belt and with an almighty tug, ripped the leather apart. The belt buckle hit the floor with a large clang and Sam stood stationary. She couldn't quite believe what she had just done. Sam shook her wrists around, staring at the way the skin had pressed into weird red shapes. She turned her joints to ensure they were all working before she walked to the door. It was locked, needed a keycard.

"Well fuck me" Sam groaned, running her hands over her face. She stepped back a few paces before she ran forwards and threw herself at the door. Her shoulder hurt with the collision but the door remained very still.

She folded her arms and stared at the metal ad though hoping this would be enough to explode the hinges. When this didn't work, she pressed her ear on the surface and listened carefully. At first there was no sound at all but then she heard the approaching footsteps and the familiar voices of her two guards muttering about the incompetence of their leader.

Sam looked around before grabbing the metal chair and holding it between her hands. As soon as the door open she raised it over her head and brought it down directly onto the balding man's temple. He fell to the floor within a moment and before the other guard could draw his gun, she swung the chair around and hit one of the legs against his head. He fell to the floor with a clatter.

She knelt on the floor next to him, grabbing his keycard along with the gun. Sam stared at the weapon in fear before she tucked it hastily in one of her belt loops. She didn't like the idea of carrying an armed weapon but she guessed it would be easier to carry around in comparison to the heavy metal chair.