(9) steve is an asshole, right?

SAM LASTED TWO DAYS UNTIL SHE WALKED INTO SCOOPS AHOY AGAIN. There was no compilations in the forefront of her mind anymore. She couldn't stay away, this much was clear. Robin was on her mind more than she worried about accidentally letting something slip.

Their last conversation had been close enough. Sam had so badly wanted to tell Robin everything. Not just the gruelling details but her whole story. That she was gay, that her parents loathed her and that it had all unraveled because she'd placed her trust in the wrong person, made a mistake.

But that's not all she wanted to tell Robin. She wanted to describe the feelings of giving herself tattoos and explain the meaning behind every single one. She wanted to point out each of her flaws, everything that made her feel insecure. She wanted to tell her every part of her small, insignificant life including her sexual awakening and her weirdly perverted brother. She felt Robin deserved to know everything, every little thing.

However for now they were coated in secrets and trapped in oppression. Sam couldn't say the words even when her heart yearned her to because she knew what it meant for her and it just wasn't worth the risk. She didn't want to lose what she had with Robin even if the friendship made her heart hurt. Sam just had to be strong, get on with it.

She found this difficult walking into Scoops Ahoy when she saw it was Steve Harrington stood behind the counter. Sam had really been hoping to see the smiling freckled face of Robin Buckley that day. It would've cheered her up more than anything else ever could.

Yet it was Steve who looked up at her as she made it to the counter. It was clear he was in a terrible mood. There were shadows under his eyes and he looked pissed off, tapping his bitten fingernails off the side of the silver bell. Sam looked hopefully for some movement along the translucent glass shutters behind him but alas, not even a shadow.

"What do you want?" Steve asked as Sam made it to the counter

"Not even an ahoy?" Sam frowned, "Who pissed in your cornflakes?"

"What do you want?" Steve repeated.

"Harrington, I think you need a scoop of something called patience (heard of it?) and then on top of that, a scoop of respect annnnddd maybe a sprinkle of humility"

Sam smiled as she finished her sentence, her voice laced in sarcasm as she watched Steve stare at her in a bored fashion. He dinged the bell lightly with his middle finger, sticking it very close to Sam's face before his sighed loudly.

"Have you just come to be a pest again?" Steve tilted his head to the side.

"I think you may also need another sprinkle of kindness" Sam replied, "or maybe kindness might come in flake form for you"

"What do you want?" Steve groaned.

"I haven't thought about it yet, so many flavours" Sam trailed her eyes back and forwards across the many different colours of ice cream.

"Stop fucking around you get the same goddamn flavour every time" Steve threw his hands up in the air angrily.

"Maybe I'll try something different" Sam shrugged.

"So you have just come to be a pest again" Steve concluded, "this is a respected business"

"For your information I never come to be a pest" Sam frowned, "I like sitting in here and drawing tattoos plus Robin is my friend and friends come and visit each other at their jobs. As for respected business this has about as much class as the bins outside my apartment. It's a nautical themed ice cream parlour filled with screaming children and teenage girls, it's not the White House Harrington. Also, you just happen to be so easy to piss off that it adds a little extra to my to do list, something to make me smile"