Running From My Problems

Start from the beginning

"When are you?" Sun-hee said.

The blonde ignored her comment as she continued. "Okay! This is the last round to determine the overall winner! Ready, Set—"

She paused.

"Go!"

I took off, the brunette right beside me. I skipped a couple of steps, trying to get ahead since I was on the outside.

The brunette let out a yell as I jumped down almost half the flight of stairs, taking the inside from her with my lead. "How dare you!"

I let out a maniacal laugh. "Cry about it!"

"How are you so freaking fast?" She huffed. "You don't even go to the gym to get in shape!"

"I never said I wanted to get in shape, I said I was in shape."

"Yeah. The shape of a donut."

"Oh, you are so DEAD."

A quick look at the sign above the exit door told me we were on the 5th floor. Not wasting another second I slid down the railing.

"Say goodbye to first place, sucker!" I taunted.

"CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME HAVE THIS?"

"NO!"

"I HATE YOU!"

"OH I HOPE SO."

Her feet thudded against the stairs behind me as I practically sprinted to stay ahead. I grinned when I saw the last exit door.

Xiuying let out a loud "NO!" as I pushed it open.

And I was immediately tackled to the floor.

"Xiu get OFF!"

"I REFUSE."

I thrashed, trying to get out of her hold. "I kid you not, I will not hesitate to YEET you across this lobby!"

"I don't even want to know."

The both of us froze at the familiar voice. I slowly raised my head, feeling a chill go down my spine at the person in front of me.

"I can explain!" I blurted, looking at Xiuying over my shoulder for help.

Seo-yoon raised an eyebrow, her arms crossing over her chest. "Yeah, sure. Go on."

"After reflection I can no longer find an explanation."

     Seo-yoon sighed, putting a hand on her face.

     The sound of heavy breathing filled up the silence.  

     "Both of you are so fast, crap....who wo—?" Ben stopped. "Oh! Manager-nim, I didn't see you there!"

     "What do you mean who won—you know what? Never mind. Just get tweedle-dum and tweedle-dumber off of each other please."

     I slowly stood up as Xiu was tugged off of me. I felt her hide herself behind my back. "Am I tweedle-dum or tweedle-dumber?" She whispered.

     "I can't tell," I whispered back.

     "Well which of us is stupider?"

     "Probably you."

     "Hey—!"

     "Alright, we're moving on because this conversation is not the conversation I came here to have," Seo-yoon interrupted, run a hand through her cropped hair. "I've just left a very important meeting with the higher ups and it's safe to say you won't have to resort to......whatever this was anymore."