2 AM

If there was one thing I learned from multiple college math courses and several part time jobs, it's that there are a lot of things I don't understand.

Like why would someone decide to create numbers that don't even exist?

Or why Subway jalapeños hit so hard when they don't even have seeds?

Or who, in their right mind, would call me in the middle of the night and disturb my precious sleep?

I let out a low whine, eyebrows furrowed together as I fought to keep my eyes closed.

     I'm starting to seriously regret not changing my ringtone from the default, because I almost screamed bloody murder.

     I pulled my blanket over my head. Maybe if I ignore it, it'll stop?

     I let out a relieved sigh when the room became silent, dropping the blanket from my face and relaxing my body.

     The phone rang.

     I was ready to commit murder.

     I quickly snatched the phone from my bedside table, not even bothering to open my eyes.

     "WHAT?" I hissed.

     "Wow. Your voice is so deep when you first wake up."

     I clenched my jaw. "Jimin, you have three freaking seconds."

     "Alright! Alright! So aggressive...."

     "One...."

     "Wait!"

     "Three. Goodnight."

     "You didn't even count to two!" He complained as I reached for the 'End Call' button.

     I gasped. "Really?? Maybe I should count some sheep to get back in practice! Goodnight."

     I reached for the button again just as Jimin exclaimed, "Hold on! I'll buy you food!"

     Food you say?

     Wait, no. I'm angry! And tired!

     "At—" I checked my phone clock. "1-freaking-30?"

     "It's 1:28 actually." I exhaled loudly, flopping on my back as he continued. "Please, Ye-seo? I really want pizza."

     "And I really want to throw you into a pizza oven, but not all dreams come true."

     He let out a small giggle. "Are you always this violent after you wake up?"

     "Only when I'm alive."

     "So...." Jimin prompted, completely ignoring my comment. "Are you coming?"

     I sighed.

     "I better get a whole pizza to myself after all this."

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

     After quickly running to the bathroom to brush my teeth/hair, I grabbed a hoodie from the living room couch, slipping it over my head, and opened the door to the hallway.

     I immediately paused. Jimin sat cross-legged on the floor outside my dorm, head down toward his phone.

     "Why?" I said, the only thing I could think to say.

     Jimin jumped, looking up from his phone screen. He broke into a small eye smile. "What? I was just waiting."

     "On the floor."