63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)

Start from the beginning

Gabi hit him lightly on the head. "Udo, you're gonna squezze Falco's head off."

Udo let go off Falco, sheepishly. "Whoops! Sorry!"

Falco held his head with a hand. "So what's the deal? Why'd they send us Warrior candidates to the front lines?"

"To judge us obviously." Gabi replied. "To pick which one of us will be the next Warrior."

Falco looked at her grumpily.

"The time is coming." Gabi said. "Commander Magath chose the front lines to be our final test. He knows what's on the horizon."
.

An airship was approaching them. Reiner was sitting in there.
.

"The plan to conquer Paradis needs a main player - the successor of the Armored Titan!" Gabi said.
.

Many soldiers were sitting in the war trench.
.

Falco looked down at his hands. "The Armored Titan..."

"I wonder which one of us it'll be..." Gabi said with a smirk.

"Really, Gabi? Sounds to me like you're saying none of us come close to you." Falco said, leaning slightly towards her.

"Because you don't, right?" Gabi replied.

"Well, Gabi does have us beat." Zofia said while and Udo were packings bags.

"As far as our grades go." Udo said.

"No. There's more to it than grades, Udo." Gabi said and they looked at her. "I keep telling you. The difference between us is that I'm prepared. To shoulder the fate of us Eldians... and to slaughter that island of devils who've done nothing but make us suffer! I'm gonna win this battle and prove that the Eldians left in this world are good Eldians!" She was tying hand grenades together, to a one big grenade. "I refuse to lose till I free everyone from the inzernment zone!"

"Um, what exactly are you doing?" Falco asked her.

"Pretty cool, right?" Gabi said, holding it in her hands and grinned proudly.
.

"It won't work, Commander Magath!" Colt said, walking with Magath, nearby the kids. "We can't destroy the railroad without the machine gun slaughtering us first. They've got soldiers along every inch of the trench. To top it off, the Fort can bombard us whenever they want. If we stay here too long, they'll just shower us with shells!"

"Do you have a better idea, Colt?" Magath asked him.

"We should let Jaw and Cart loose. Galliard and Pieck will get it done. They'll wipe out the trench and bunker in a flash." Colt said.

"No. If we play our cards wrong, we lose." Magath said.

A soldier who was observing the enemy with a binocular turned to Magath. "Commander Magath, 'that' showed up."

"What's 'that'?" Colt asked him.

Magath looked through the binocular. "That. An armored train. It's equipped with four massive cannons in total. They're the Allied Forces' new weapon - anti-Titan cannons."
.

The train was driving along the war trench on the rail road.
.

"If one those 150mm rounds hits a Titan, it'll kill it in a single hit. Even one of the Nine." Magath explained.

"But both of our Titans are incredible fast. The odds of being hitting their nape-" Colt said.

Magath cut him off. "And if thry did?"

"We would lose a Titan and a Warrior..." Colt answered. "...with no guarantee that we get their powers back."

"That's right." Magath said. "Just like our plan nine years ago to retake the Founding Titan resulted in us losing the Colossal and Female Titan. The perceived hit to Marley's military might is what sparked this war, putting the Paradis Island Operation on hold. What is it that makes our motherland Marley so great?"