Chapter 58: Meet the Parents

I stood at the bathroom counter making finishing touches to my makeup as I waited for her to answer the phone.

"Hello?" my mom replied.
I looked down at the camera.

She was doing the same thing I was doing and she was dressed up.

"Uhh...Where ya goin'?" I snickered.
"I am going to an auction with your father. They're bidding away some famous Italian golfer's clubs that he wants." She looked at me and I saw her confusion. "Where are *you* going?" she asked in return.
I smiled. "To an auction with my boss."
"Wilkes casino?" she questioned.
"Wilkes casino."
We both kept our giggles down and went back to doing our makeup like it wasn't a big deal.
"Well I guess I'll see you there." she stated and applied her mascara.
"You'll also see my boss."
She stopped mid lash brush and looked back at me.
I snickered.

"The one you have a complicated relationship with?" she asked.
"That's the only boss I have."
She tried keeping down her excitement as she continued with her mascara.

"JADA!" I heard my dad yell.
"Speak of the devil." my mom muttered and I laughed. "YES, VINNY?!"
"YOU SEE MY GLASSES?!"
"The man would lose his fingers if he didn't need them to hold that damn newspaper." she joked to me.
That's true. When I still lived with them, at least once an hour, my dad would ask me if I ran into something he'd lost.
"CHECK THE-..."
"I FOUND 'EM!"
She sighed and I laughed at them.

"Anyways, why are you two going to an auction together?" she asked me.
"I'm not sure. He never told me. But it's at a casino and he owns casinos so it's either his auction or it's a friend of his."
"You think two men in the same competing business would be friends?"
"Or it's an enemy of his and he just wants to watch the competition." I shrugged.
"Well anyways...how's that been going?" she asked me.

I moved out of the way of the camera.

"And where are you?" she asked.
I stepped back in front of it with a cheeky smile.
"Lucky..." she smirked.
"Ma'am...?" I replied giddily.
"Are you at his home?"
"Maaaaybe..."
"Your father is going to have a rough time." She laughed and began applying her lipstick.
"Mom, I really like him." I stated.
"Good. I'll trust your judgment and say I'm happy you do. It's been a while since you've had a crush."
"Fair warning, he's a bit...uh...dry." I stated. "But he's nice. He's just not very energetic."
"Right, you told me. I'll try to remember that."
"Yea."

"Hellooo, look at you." I heard my dad say as he entered their bathroom.
"Like what you see?"
They started kissing in front of the camera.
"GROSS! GET A ROOM!" I shouted and covered the screen with my hand.
"We'll see you in a bit, Lucky!" my mom stated.
"Okay!"
I moved my hand to hang up the phone and got a glimpse of my mom giggling while my dad kissed her neck. I hurried to hang up.
I shivered to shake the grossness off me. "Gross." I stated and walked out.

I traveled downstairs and found Marco sipping his whiskey in the kitchen.
He was in a suit and even wore the tie.
I was in a black dress with one sleeve and a split down the opposing leg.

"Are you ready?" he asked.
"Yes."
He came this way and I thought he'd walk past me to leave but he grabbed my hand first and held it so I'd follow behind him.
I smiled to myself as we walked out of the door.

~~~

We pulled into the driveway of the busy casino after a long two hour drive.

"I didn't expect it to be this far..." I stated as he found a parking spot.
He didn't reply. Not that I was shocked.
"I'm kind of excited."
"Why?"
"My parents are coming if they aren't already here."
He parked the car and looked at me.