Chapter 52: Bridesmaids and Bodies

All three of the women were trying on our dresses for the wedding. Viviana tried on bridal gowns and me and the girl, whose name I was told is Maddie, were trying on bridesmaids dresses. If we find one that we want. Philippe will take it in to make it fit perfectly.

This next one was off the shoulder and satin with a split down the right leg and a cinched waist. It showed a lot of cleavage which I didn't think was appropriate for a wedding, but I stepped out of the dressing room anyway.

"Beautiful. Give me a turn." Philippe instructed.
I did.
Philippe leaned into Marco's ear and said something quietly.
Marco turned and looked at him.
Philippe shrugged.

Both men looked back at me.
I wondered what it was.

"Do you like that one?" Philippe asked.
"I feel like I should ask Viviana." I replied. "It's not my wedding."
Viviana walked out in her gown. "This is too puffy, I don't like it." she stated.
Philippe sighed at her then stood up and walked off.

"Do you like this dress, Viviana?" I asked her.
"I don't like off the shoulder." she stated. "Try a different one." she instructed and walked back into her fitting room.
I sighed and walked back into mine.

I'd begun to unzip it when I heard my door open. I expected it to be Philippe, but it wasn't.

"Marco..."
He put his finger over his lips then pulled me to him.
His face lowered and our lips met.
He kissed me gently with his hands caressing the small of my back and my waist. I wasn't supposed to do this but I couldn't act like I hadn't missed his lips on mine.

He pulled away.
I looked at him.
"We get your florist and I'm gonna bring you home to pack a bag." he stated and let me go to head back over to the door.
"Why?" I wondered.
"You're stayin' with me." He opened it then disappeared behind it.

I was smiling like an idiot.
I'm an idiot for smiling.

I changed dresses then went back out.

The men were gone.

"Where'd they go?" I asked Philippe.
"My assistant is having their measurements taken for their suits," he answered.

He looked at the dress. "That. Is beautiful. It's the one. It must be." he stated.
He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the mirrors.
The dress was straight down and flared out at the bottom. It had a bit of a dropping neckline and the straps were thin. It accentuates the collarbone, cleavage, but less than the one before, and the body shape.
It also had a low back.

"It's perfect." said Philippe.
I did feel very pretty in it.
"Viviana!" he shouted.
She came out in a different wedding gown.

"What do we think?" Philippe asked.
"Hm..."
She walked to me and examined it closely.

"If I let you wear this, will you be able to keep your legs closed?" she asked.
I was confused.
"It's beautiful, but I don't want you catching wandering eyes away from me on my wedding day. But I also don't want you in anything that could ruin my pictures."
She sighed. "Fine. Have it."

She walked back into her fitting room.
Philippe quickly pulled me back into mine and I was stood in front of the mirror as he shut the door.

"I am so sorry you have to deal with her. Talk about a bridezilla." he stated and began tugging at the dress.
"It's fine."
"I'm gonna take it in some right here at the waist. Just enough to really show off your figure, but not too much that you struggle to get your hips through it."
I nodded.
"Be honest with me."
"Hm?" I asked.
"Are you sleeping with her fiancé?"
"I-..."
"Listen. It wouldn't be the worst drama I've gotten in this business. One groom was sleeping with his bride's mother. Terrible. And the bride was sleeping with HIS father. Could you believe that?"
My eyes widened.
"Honestly, if you are, I'm rooting for you. Because she's a bitch and I don't like bitchy people."
I snickered.
"But the way he looks at you. He has been wanting to tear off every dress you've slid on. And I won't act like I didn't see him walk into your room while his fiancée was getting changed. If you two aren't banging now, he definitely wants to in the future. He is infatuated."
I could feel my heart racing.
"Not much of a talker, is he?" he asked and it made me laugh.

"Okay, step out of this and you can put your clothes back on." he said then left my room.

I got dressed in my original outfit then walked back out to hand the dress to Philippe.

Marco was back sitting in the waiting room. I hung my dress on the rack then walked over to him.

"I finally found a dress I like." I stated.
"Are you ready to go?"
"Yea, but-..."
"Let's go."
He stood up and walked off.
I followed behind him.

"Are you hungry?" he asked once we got in the car.
"I could eat." I replied.

He left the parking lot.

"Did you find a suit you liked?" I asked.
"I didn't try anything on. I told him to take my measurements and do what he wants with 'em."
"Oh..."

His phone began to ring and it was attached to the Bluetooth in his car.

"Speak." he answered.
"Cousin," I knew that was Caio's voice.
Marco didn't answer.
"I know you unlocked those safes. Where are they?"
"Where is what?"
"The books."
Marco took the phone off of speaker and held it to his ear as he drove.

"I don't have 'em." Which was true. He'd given them both to Stefano.

I faced the windshield.

"Sounds like your boys lied to you."
I watched him effortlessly take a left turn with one hand.

There was a pause and I knew he was just listening.
He parallel parked and I looked at what we were in front of.
It was a pizza parlor.

"Don't call me with this shit again. I got work to do." He hung up the phone.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.
"Yea." He got out of the car.
I sighed.

I really just wish he'd talk to me more.

I got out of the car and walked inside as he held the door open for me.

"Why did you choose this place?" I asked him.
"We never ate the last one you bought."
"Oh yea..."

I looked at the menu.

My hand found his arm as I spoke to him.
"What do you like on it?" I asked and looked at him.
He looked at me. "It doesn't matter."
"Do you like pizza?"
"I've had it once or twice when I was younger."
"That's it???"
"Yes."
"Wow."

It was our turn.

"Can we get a..." I looked at Marco. "Medium or large?"
"I don't care."
"It's cheaper to get a large," said the guy at the register.
"Thank you. A large pepperoni pizza."
"Do you plan on eating that here or taking it to go?"
"Here, please."
"Drinks?"
I looked at Marco.

"They don't serve whiskey here." I told him as a joke.
"Water." he replied.
"Two waters." I told the cashier.
"Okay, 20.56 is your total."
Marco put his card in before I could even think to take mine out.

"That'll be out in a few minutes."
"Thank you." I replied before we went to find a seat.

We took a booth next to the wall and I made sure he sat in the one where his back would face the windows.
Our waters were brought out shortly after and I of course said thank you while Marco didn't respond.

"Can I ask you a question?" I began.
He just stared. I like how committed to this bit he is.
"I don't mean to sound rude, but...you're nice to me." I stated.
He just stared.
"And...I can tell you're not nice very often. I know you're not nice very often. I've seen you interact with other people and I still have to teach you to say please and thank you. So I guess I just want to know wh-..."
"I like you." he stated.

I just stared at him.

"You do?"
"Yes."
"Like...do you like me or...do you just like what we've done...?"
He just stared at me.
"I don't really want to go through another situation where I'm just liked for my body. So if that's why then I'd prefer this stay a work relationship."
"No."
"No?"
"I like you and I know your body isn't why."
I didn't know if I was hurt by that or not.
"I've met women with nice bodies. Didn't make me like them."
"So...then why do you like me?" I wondered.

"Here's your pizza," our waiter said and placed it down.
"Thank you." Marco replied.
It made me happy.
"Not a problem, let me know if you need anything else." He walked off.

The Lucky Dobermanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें