Chapter 48.

*Raquel's POV*

"Mom..." I approach her, grab her arm, and walk away from the crowd. "Mom...you need to-"

"MY GOSH why are you always such a kill joy?" She spills a bit of champagne on me and I try my best to remain calm.

"You're drunk and grieving. Not a very good combo." I hiss, pulling her arm further to a secluded area.

"I'm drunk? Really?" Mom giggles a bit, losing her balance.

I struggle to hold onto her as she places her entire weight on my body.

"I need you to sober up and act normal for a couple more hours for me." I point my index finger at her like she was the child and I'm the parent. "I can't do this on my own out there. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Do you seriously have to YELL IN MY EAR!" Mom ends up yelling in mine and I let go of her to ring out the pain in my ear.

Peter (A) quickly attends to her, having her sit on a nearby hallway chair.

Peter (T) and Kell walk over to our area with a couple of water bottles.

"Thanks." I swiftly say to them, grabbing the bottles out of their hands.

"Let us know if there's anything else we can help with." Peter (T) assures me.

"Help yourselves a waltz on the dance floor. Yeah?" I encourage them and slightly push Peter (T) and Kell to get a move on.

"Please?" I beg as I look back at my mom. "I'd like some distraction away from my mother at this point."

Peter (T) quickly grabs Kell's hand, leading her to the dance floor, as guests switch their attention towards them.

*Third Person POV*

Peter (T) gently places his hands and body in a waltz position as Kell follows. The music begins to play and he notices that her cheeks turn red.

"No need to be nervous." He teases and twirls her around.

"I haven't done the waltz in so long." She admits and lands softly back in his arms.

"Liar." He smirks.

"I'm not lying." She squints.

"Well..you haven't tripped yet."

"You want me to?"

"I'm just trying to say that you dance...beautifully." He compliments and holds her closer.

She gasps and finds her right hand holding onto his a lot tighter now.

"You too." She feels the heat on her face again, shyly looking down at their feet.

Peter (T) looks around and watches the rest of the guests pair up with others to join the dance floor.

"Guests have joined." He points out. "We can leave if you want-"

"No." Kell answers immediately, throwing him off a bit. "I...I'd like to stay. Right here. With you...Like this...if that's okay-"

"Oh-um..." He searches through her oceanic eyes and finds himself deeply mesmerized than before. "That's...more than okay. That's perfect."

"Perfect." She smiles and wraps her arms around his neck as his arms are around her waist, forgetting the proper waltz position.

"Perfect." He whispers back with a smile so wide, he could feel a slight sense of pain.

"We could keep dancing the whole night if you want." He suggests.