Chapter 17.

Raquel's POV*

This is by far the strangest thing I could ever witness in my entire existence: Two Peter Parkers fighting.

About me?

Not trying to gloat, as a situation like this might be flattering to others. However, it wasn't the kind of attention I admired, and it is somewhat terrifying to see them both talk and argue at the same time.

"Peter." I say, standing in between them.

"Yes?" They both turn to me.

My eyes widen, mesmerized by the extraordinary enigma of having them answer me simultaneously. "What are you doing here?" I kindly ask Peter (T).

 Peter (A) stands down, and backs away a bit.

"I came back for you." Peter (T) tears up, attempting to hug me, but I take a step back. "Raquel, I'm sorry-please you have to believe me. I'm so sorry about all of this. I never meant to hurt you in anyway. Sticking with MJ for this long and all this multiverse traveling is messing with my head."

"You shouldn't have came back for me." I begin to cry again, feeling my heart slowly shatter again hearing him speak to me in person. "I-I don't want you here."

"You don't mean that..." Peter (T) swallows, beginning to cry as well.

"I do." I sniff, putting my foot down. "Peter, please just go back home on your own. I'll come back home when I'm ready to."

"Baby please-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I scream, as Peter (A) quickly stands in front of me.

"Step aside please." Peter (T) says with aggression to Peter (A).

"You heard her, she doesn't want you here." Peter (A) reminded him.

"I shouldn't have done that Raquel, I am the biggest idiot and I regret kissing MJ, please believe me." Peter (T) ignores Peter (A), and tries to continue anyway.

I look to the floor and actually listen to him. And he knows it too.

Peter (T) lets out a harsh sigh, "It's like a literal spell being around her, and I now know that. You don't have to worry about her anymore. I'll keep my distance from her, and I will cut off all ties. But please know that the whole time I've been with MJ, I have been focused on trying to find you and get us back home. I'm sorry I didn't get to grab your hand and save you first, I'm the biggest jerk for doing that. I thought you were right behind us when MJ and I went through a portal. You are my one and only, and I let my careness for other people overtake my decisions. I let it confuse me. I don't deserve you, but it's too late that you already have my heart. And that is something I will always fight for, even if I have to literally die for it, Raquel."

Ugh, he's good.

But I can't tell if he's really trying this hard to only win me back because he got caught and doesn't want to look like the bad guy, or because he actually loves me?

Ugh.

If he loved me, he wouldn't have done all of this.

He knew better.

"I'm not perfect," Peter (T) continues, as I see his tears streaming down his reddened face. "And I keep screwing up. But I'm deeply, truly, sorry, and I understand that you don't have to forgive me now or even ever. Just know I will always be willing to change for the better and fight for you. Because it's what you deserve. I just need you to at least give me a second chance to make things right."

Peter (A) steps aside, and keeps me open to where Peter (T) steps closer to me.

What just hapepend? Why did Peter (A) step aside? I give him a confused glance.