Chapter 3.

Evening approaches, and I come home drenched from the storm outside. Annoyed by the cold and stickiness of my sleeves, I quickly take off my cardigan and soaked flats. I head to my bedroom and stared at my reflection on the mirror on top of my dresser for a moment. My hair is all wet, eyeliner smudged, and cheeks a bit swollen. Disgusted, I go to the bathroom to start the bath tub. 

I really needed it.

While the water runs, I looked over to my closet across from me, and there it was, at the top of the shelf ; the blue box.

Throughout the day I couldn't help but sort of laugh at the thought that Peter was Spider-Man.

It just simply seemed too good to be true.

I get ahold of the blue box, and get in the bathtub. There's a window on my right and a flat surface in front, connecting to the bath tub. I place the blue box on there and slowly open it. My heart races, and my palms sweat. However, my body's reaction steadies as it's preoccupied with warm relaxing water to avoid the dreadfulness of going over my lover's stuff.

The items inside the box have the following: driver's license, debit and credit cards, wallet, apartment keys, a few photos of him and I, one with Aunt May, and some love notes he would leave me while I was studying for school, as he left for work. I glance at the photo of his diver's license, caressing my thumb over it. Such a humble and down to Earth human he was.

He worked in Mrs. Ross's back and front yard, maintained her house, and tutored her 10 year old grandson. Most times he worked overtime, and we could barely see each other. My school schedule was hectic, and Mrs. Ross always needed him. It's alright though, she needed the extra care around her house. 

However, I've always found it strange how random she would need him. We would go on dates and he would stop in the middle of the date to help out Mrs. Ross.

He never even allowed me to visit him during work either. Thinking about it now, I never met Mrs. Ross.

How could I anyway? School was a mess. Too much work to do.

For two years Peter and I understood our hectic schedules and somehow still made our time together as most enjoyable as possible. My guess is because we simply were two busy people, but dearly loved each other when it was time to.

Leaving out love notes whenever we stayed over at each other's places. That, I'll always miss. I skim over the notes and continue to look through the box. My tears are now falling into the bathtub's water.

I sniff and notice his phone, phone's charger, and a small usb drive at the bottom of the box.

Later in the evening, I charge the phone and plug in the usb drive to my laptop. As soon as I do so, a knock comes at the door.

I slowly walk up to it, peeping through the door hole seeing that it's the Detective. 

"It's late." I open the door a little.

"Sorry, I just got off work, needed to know if you've made some progress at least." He scratches on his beard.

I open the door halfway now. "No. I found nothing. Sorry."

"Lying to a detective gets you nowhere." He smirks, now peering his eyes a bit throughout the inside of my home.

"He's not Spider-Man." I state firmly.

"Prove it." He raises his eyebrows.

"I will-"

My laptop makes a sudden loud and quick beep.