𝐱𝐯𝐢. T̶h̶e̶ H̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶r̶ 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫, 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫.

↳ ❝𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖊𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖎𝖌, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖘

↳ ❝𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖊𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖎𝖌, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖘.❞

𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯. ☂

"How the hell did she find me?"

"Shit" I muttered, recognizing the golden capsule in Five's hand. It was from The Commission. I should've suspected they would pull something like this. I leaned in closer to try and see what the capsule said, but Five stuffed it inside a blazer pocket before I could see. He took out a little candy, and I immediately recognized it from The Commission. Specifically The Handler's office.

He took the wrapper off the 'candy' and revealed it to be a tiny tracker that was beeping and glowing a green light. "She's good." Five dropped the device on the ground and stepped on it.

"Ah. I remember those. Caught me trying to sneak in the main headquarters one time and got put on house arrest. I never took one of her candies again." I snorted in distaste. "You actually fell for it, eh? Would expect better from the former top assassin in The Commission."

"Oh, shut it." Five pulled out the capsule again and opened the lid, taking out a little fortune cookie-like the kind you would get at a cheap Chinese restaurant. "Jesus." I leaned over his shoulder to get a closer look as he cracked it open, looking at the 'fortune' inside. It read "time marches on... or does it?" with a hotel and room number written in messy handwriting.

"That's from The Handler... I recognize the handwriting. What does she want now?" I looked at Five and he appeared to actually be considering going to the address. I saw him go to spatial jump and caught his arm, making him turn to look at me. I shook my head in defeat, "Are you really considering this right now? You know her, she'll pull some shady bullshit at the last second."

"Y/n, this is one of our only options. Maybe she can help us stop Vanya." Five explained, but I wasn't buying it.

"No!" I shouted. "No, we can't do this. The Handler shouldn't even be a last resort, okay? Aren't they partially why this apocalypse is happening in the first place? They could easily prevent it, and yet they don't. The Commission is a bunch of mindless killers, Five. The sooner you realize that, the sooner we can stop this." I exclaimed, trying to reason that this isn't a good idea.

"Mindless killers? A bit insensitive when you're talking to someone who was one of the 'mindless killers'. Is that all I am, just a mindless killer? I'm pretty sure I have more intelligence than you ever will." Five sneered, glaring at me.

I scoffed, looking at the floor. "Oh, god. You know that's not what I meant! The Commission brainwashes people, alright? It's not right what they're doing, and you of all people should know that!" I desperately tried to stop him, but it was only escalating things.

"Great, now you're saying I'm brainwashed, just because I'm considering an option that might just save you and the world! Do you realize how many lives are at stake here? It shouldn't matter who we're getting the help from, as long as the end result is successful." His voice started to raise, getting more rageful by the second.