61. Attacking Titan

Start from the beginning

"Is the Founding Titan." Eren and Kruger said.
.
.
.
.

"Every single Subject of Ymir is connected to that coordinate." Kruger explained.

"Who exactly was the founder Ymir?" Grisha asked, holding hands up his bloodied, bandaged.

"Under Marley authority, she's a pawn of the devil." Kruger said. "During the Eldian Empire era, she was a miracle of the gods. And some merely think of her as a young woman who made contact with the source of all living matter. But this isn't Ymir who has been doing this. She has been long gone."

"Then who is the true founder now?" Grisha asked.

"It is said that a young man with brown hair and green eyes had replaced Ymir 2000 years ago. But, still we are known as the Subjects of Ymir. But we don't know unless we see it."

"What?" Grisha asked.

"There is no absolute truth in this world." Kruger said. "That's the reality of things. Anyone can become a god or a devil. All it takes is for people to believe it."

"You're the one who said that Dina had royal blood in her. Was that a 'truth' of yours?" Grisha asked.

"Unfortunately, Dina having royal blood was true." Kruger replied.

"Then why abandon her?" Grisha asked.

"Precisely because she had royal blood, She can't be allowed to fall into enemy hands. It had to be done before Zeke told Marley everything." Kruger explained.

"Even so..." Grisha trailed off.

"Even so? Would she be better off giving birth to children for the enemy her entire life?" Kruger challenged and Grisha looked away. "I've done my duty." Kruger pressed a hand to his mouth. "You do yours. Only someone with the power of the Titans is capable of reaching the Walls."

"To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'm fit for the job." Grisha said.

"You will do it." Kruger said.

"Look down there. He was eaten alive by a Titan." Grisha said as Gross's half-eaten corpse was shown, his expression frozen in terror. "And you asked if watching that was interesting? It wasn't interesting at all. His screams of agony were unbearable to hear." He stared at his bloodied hands. "I didn't know any better. If I had known this was the price of freedom, I wouldn't have paid it."

"Stand." Kruger said, standing up and commanded Grisha. "Fight! For the sake of restoring freedom and dignity to Eldia. Rise!"

"I can't do it..." Grisha said, looking down.

Kruger pulled out a photo from his pocket and gave it to Grisha. "Look. I brought this from your home."

Grisha gasped then squeezed his eyes shut again. "I can't look."

"Can't look. Can't stand. Can't fight. Have you no balls, either?" Kruger challenged the downtrodden Grisha. "Did Marley cut them off?"

"You can awaken my old hatred of Marley like that. The only thing I can feel now, is my guilt." Grisha said as he wept

"That's more than enough." Kruger said. "The main reason I picked you was because you left the walls that day. That day, if you hadn't taken your little sister and gone past the walls, you would've taken over your father's clinic, your sister may have grown up, married, and even had children. But you did go outside the walls." Grisha listened, his breath shuddering. "Since the day I first sentenced my own people off this wall, since the day you took your sister outside the wall, until the day comes when the two of us get what we deserve, we can only move forward. Until death. Even after death." Finally, Grisha swirled his head toward the photo Kruger held. "Isn't this the story that you started?"