"A letter? What kind of letter?" Hange asked.

"A letter from Ymir. You have to give it to Christa..." Reiner said.

Hange was silent at first before replying. "Only after we've inspected it." She stood, putting the case away. "Now then. I've got a mountain of questions for you, but..." She pulled out her sword.
.

Jean sat, looking surprised, but Mikasa stood silent behind him.
.

"Your lips seem as tight as your armor is hard." Hange said, running her fingers along the blade of her sword. "Are you going to cooperate and tell us everything that we want to know?"

"No." Reiner replied.

"Thanks. I'm so glad you see things my way." Hange said and went forward and pressed the blade to Reiner's neck and he spat out blood.

"Hold on!" Jean cried out, holding out his hand. "Are you sure? We might be able to steal his power."

Hange looked over at him, still holding the sword to Reiner's neck.
.
.
.

In the mess hall, the soldiers sat in their civilian clothes.

"Today, I would like to explain how we're going to get maximum value from this injection." Erwin said. Flanked by other high-ranking Scouts, he showed everyone the case with a small vial and an injection. "Using this medicine, the Colossal Titan's, the Armored Titan's, or the Beast Titan's powers can be stolen. As for how, the one injected with this will become a Titan, and eat someone who can change into a Titan like Eren can. By doing so, although they would initially be a Titan lacking intelligence, they would revert into a human able to wield that Titan's powers. If this is achieved, not only do we gain information regarding Titan powers, we're also able to revive a person on the brink of death. If you capture an enemy with Titan powers, sever all their limbs. And when it is safe to do so, summon Captain Levi." He handed the case to Levi. "We have only this one injection. I'm entrusting Captain Levi with the call to use it."
.
.
.

"I don't think all the conditions for that have been met." Hange said and Reiner spat blood again. "We don't know the situation with Levi and the other side. Neither do we have the time to go confirm it ourselves. Reason being, there's no way for us to gauge the full depth of their powers!" She pushed the blade deeper in. "Even if I cut his head off, we can't be too sure!"

Jean's gaze turned down. "This isn't like you, Hange. If we back down because of not knowing something, down the line can we ever hope to beat the Titans?"

"Jean..." Mikasa said after Reiner let out a choking sound.

"When are we ever going to know all there is about the enemy?" Jean asked Hange.

After a few seconds, Hange spoke. "Mikasa."

"Yes?" Mikasa replied.

"How much gas do you have?" Hange asked.

"It's almost entirely gone." Mikasa told her. "But it should be enough to reach Eren and Armin at least."

"That's more than me." Hange said, not looking at them. "Mikasa, I need you to go check out their situation." Jean gasped. "Fill up your gas and bring back the injection from Levi. If for any reason you're unable to do so, fire a smoke signal. That will be my signal to end Reiner." She removed the sword from Reiner's neck and he seemed to breathe easier.

"Affirmative." Mikasa replied firmly.

Hange and Jean watched as she left.

"Hange, I-" Jean said.

"The decision was mine. You were just a factor." Hange said, cutting him off.

Jean became lost in his thoughts. 'Why... am I still... hesitating over things like this?'
.
.