Spock (aos) - Confident (pt1)

Okay, the backstory is that you're a lieutenant and you're 25% Vulcan, I'll explain the rest in the story

xoxo 😚

Y/n's pov

For the first two years of being on the Enterprise, I always hid my ears by having my hair down over them, the only person who knew of my heritage was Dr. McCoy.

Because he gave me a physical when I first came aboard.

"You're a Vulcan?" He asked, his voice was thick with his southern accent.

"Yes, I am, but don't tell anyone please." I said.

"Why do you act like a human?" He asked, his voice hushed.

"Because I grew up on Earth."

He respected my request and never told anyone, and neither did I, until one day while I was working, my hair was irritating me, so I put it up in a ponytail, my pointy ears giving my ancestry away.

People talked, and soon it got to the Captain, and Spock, the one who I wanted to hide it from most.

When I went to the bridge to hand him my report, he asked me, "I've heard several people tell me that you're a Vulcan, y/n, is that true?"

"Well, I suppose there's no reason to hide it anymore, yes, I'm a Vulcan." I said, fiddling with my fingers behind my back.

"I thought that you were a human." Captain Kirk said.

"Because of my merry attitude, you automatically assumed that I am a human?" I asked, genuinely interested.

Captain Kirk nodded.

"Which side did your ears come from?" He asked, motioning to my covered ears, which really made me think that they weren't covered for a moment.

My hand reached up to make sure they were covered, "My mother, my emotions came from my father, my parents didn't want to burden me with my grandfather's ways."

"So they thought that you should be a normal child."

I nodded.

"What's your ancestry?" He asked.

"My grandfather is a Vulcan, my grandmother is a human, my mother is a half-Vulcan, and my father is a human." I said.

"Huh, if you have the right genes, you'll be able to outlive your human partner." He joked.

I smirked, joking, "Something I'm excited about, Captain."

He chuckled.

"What if you don't have a human partner?"

"Would you expect me to have a different partner?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Well, we do have a Vulcan science officer aboard..." He trailed off with a light smirk, finally signing the report.

I sighed.

"I wouldn't lie to you and say I haven't considered it." I smiled innocently.

The smirk fell off his face.

"Really?" He asked quietly, looking at me like he believed me.

I looked at him with a serious look when I saw the Turbolift doors open, seeing Spock walk out.

"Don't ask any more questions." I muttered as Spock walked to his station.

"Do you think he knows, Lieutenant?" Kirk asked.