Chekov (tos) - Selfless

Ehh I'm bored

Y/n's pov

I asked into my quarters and I sighed as I sat down, rubbing the back of my neck, and I sighed quietly, the tension melting away.

Soon after I heard my doors open.

"Hello?" I heard the unmistakable Russian accent ask.

I sighed softly, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment.

But I got up anyway, and I smiled at Pavel.

"Hello Pav, how are you today?"

He smiled and said "Wery well."

"How about you y/n? You don't seem happy." He said.

I sighed and I said "I'm just tired, everyone wanted me to do everything today, even though it sometimes wasn't my job."

"Did these people give you a choice not to do these things?" He asked softly.

I went quiet for a second.

"Yes, but I couldn't say no, and people know that!"

"Sometimes people will expect you to do everything, because you will do everyzhing, even if you do not want to."

"I wish people would stop taking advantage of my selflessness." I sighed as I looked away.

"How zhings did people ask you to do today?"

"Almost 20 things." I looked at him.

"20? Zhats not okay, sometimes you need to be selfish and say no."

"But I can't be selfish, that's not okay." I went to go sit down on a chair.

He followed and said "No, eets not okay to be selfish all the time, but eets okay to be selfish sometimes."

I sighed heavily.

"But I can't be selfish, Pav, I just can't." I said.

"Not even sometimes?"

"No." I crossed my legs.

"Why not? Didn't your parents teach you you're allowed to be selfish?"

"No, my parents didn't teach me that, they always told me that if I want people to rely on me, I have to do something for them."

"Your parents are wrong," He sat down next to me and he looked at me into my eyes with his brown ones. "Y/n, you are allowed to say no, you shouldn't feel like you have to do somezhing if you do not want to."

"If you don't want to do eet, don't do eet."

"Unless I have to." I added.

He nodded.

"Right." He agreed.

Just then, my friend came in and she said "Hey y/n, I need you to cover my shift, I'm really tired."

I practically heard Pavel screaming from his mind.

I leaned back in my chair and I said "No."

She gasped and asked "Why? You said that you would do anything I needed you to."

"Yeah, but I'm also tired, and I don't feel like doing it, so maybe you should go do your job, and stop making someone else do it." I said, acting calm when I was nervous as hell.

"You said you would do anything! Why aren't you helping me? You promised!"

"And you also promised that you wouldn't come to me unless you really needed it."

I saw Pavel smiling at me out the corner of my eye.

"I hate you." She said, storming out, and I knew she meant it.

"Don't listen to her, okay? She's just jealous."

I sighed, giggling softly.

"Thank you." I said sincerely, and he knew I meant it.

He smiled "My pleasure."

I hugged him, and he hugged back.

Thank you.