The sound of something cutting through the air was heard before a small piece of rock hovered by Levi's face.

Time seemed to slow and larger rocks were shown suspended around him.

Levi's expression morphed into shock. "Faye! Cover your head!" Crossing his arms to brace against the force. He gasped.

Faye quickly covered her face too.
.

Rocks pelted and destroyed the houses around him.
.

A wave of destruction came from the edge of the town, heading inward.
.

Soldiers groaned and cried out.
.

Red mist spurted into the air, following the wave of destruction.
.

Levi's lone visible eye widened, seeing the bodies get ripped apart.

Faye still had her eyes closed.
.

The ground was littered with corpses.
.

"Hmm..." The Beast Titan observed, flexing his long-nailed fingers as the Cart Titan prepared boulders by his legs. "That one was a little bit high..." He turned to Cart titan. "Oh, leave it right there." With both hands, he picked it up and ground it into small pieces. "Well, the first pitch was a warm-up." He brought up his arms straight above his head. "I'm going for a perfect game!"
.

At the top of the Wall, Erwin yelled down at the soldiers. "Frontal bombardment! All troops, take cover!"
.

"Huh?" Marlo said, holding the reins to his horse. On the other side of the animal, Floch had his hands over his ears.

"What was that?" Sandra asked Marlowe.

"Shit! You guys!" Levi screamed, heading toward the edge of the town with Faye where the veteran soldiers had just been hit.
.

Dirk, still alive, struggled to push himself up. He gasped as the Beast Titan threw more pieces of rock at them.
.

Once more the rocks pelted the soldiers and the structures, destroying everything they came into contact with. The soilders cried out in pain.
.

Levi and Faye quickly dove down, taking shelter between two houses to avoid getting hit.
.

More bodies were torn apart, forming red mists that flooded the town.
.

Erwin gasped, watching the sight before him.
.

"What the hell was that sound?!" Flock asked from near the base of Wall Maria, on his knees with the remaining soldiers and horses.

"Does the enemy have cannons?!" A recruit said.

"If so, there's a hundred of 'em!"

"Calm down!" Marlo told them. "You're scaring the horses!"

"The Titan's throwing boulders!" Levi informed and ran to a stop before them with Faye following behind.

"Captain Levi!" Marlo exclaimed.

"All of you, retreat to the Wall with the horses!" Levi ordered.

"Roger!" Marlo replied and half a second later, they were under attack again.

The soldiers ducked their heads, covering their ears again at the loud noise while the roofs of the houses around them exploded.
.

"Hurry! Stay outta the line of fire!" Levi yelled.
.

A bell was knocked off a tower and went crashing into the Wall.
.

The soldiers and horses raced for the Wall, pieces of buildings falling from above them.
.