Chapter 30

After the F1 teams moved on from Sydney to Melbourne for the  Australian Grand Prix, the media day involved a lot of scrutiny for Isla. She dealt with questions about her relationship speculation in the media with Charles, George and Pierre. She was sick and tired of it. She won the Australian Grand Prix, but there was no talk about that. Isla was furious.

She worked so hard with the engineers and strategists to get the win, but as a female, the media didn't care. She was treated like a little girl with schoolyard crushes. During the podium ceremony with Lewis and Charles, there was tension, but she could overhear them talking about going out to party after the race.

"Are you going to join everyone tonight?" Lewis asked Isla as they walked off the podium back through the cool down room.

"Not really feeling like celebrating" Isla said and Charles turned to look at her. She could tell he was hurting too. He looked away and started walking through the cool down room. He stopped before the doorway. He turned around to face Isla.

Lewis looked at the two of them. "I'll leave you two alone," he said as he left.

"Isla," He said stepping closer to her, pulling her into a kiss.

Isla was shocked, she didn't know what to do, her head was spinning. Pierre said he liked her, he had always treated her well. Charles on the other hand, didn't.

She immediately pushed him away. "Woah Charles" She almost yelled, her voice shaking.

"What?" he stepped closer again, "I miss you" He said.

"Charles, you don't get to just come back to me whenever you want" She said stepping away. "You broke my trust," she said.

"Can we just move past it?" He asked.

"Maybe, but you will need to show me that you deserve it, I still care about you, but I'm still hurt" She said firmly

"I can't wait, you need to make a decision, and don't pretend like Pierre isn't a factor here" He said with anger in his voice.

"Honestly, he is a factor. He has always been kind to me, and treated me with respect, ''she said plainly. Thinking about the kiss in the elevator. "But part of me thinks you wanted the public in our relationship to rub it in his face" She accused him.

"Do you know how hard it is to hear your friend talk about how much he likes your secret girlfriend?" He said "He would never stop talking about it, he was so upset when he treated you badly when you first met in Milan, he wouldn't shut up about it." He almost shouted. "He always thought he might have a chance with you one day, and don't get me started on the team photos, it drove me crazy to have to hide us" he said

"I didn't know any of that," Isla said quietly.

Charles sighed and  stormed out the room.

Isla got back to the Alpha Tauri Motorhome, Heather approached her, "I wouldn't go in there right now" she said while pointing to the drivers area. "Pierre is quite upset about coming in 4th." She said.

Isla stopped and stared at the door, wondering if she should go in. She decided to enter, she walked in and saw Pierre with his head in his hands on the couch. She sat down next to him.

"You have two more races to get on the podium Pierre" she said quietly.

He turned his head to look at her "You really think that's the real reason I'm so upset" He said in a low voice then he looked at the tv screen.
On the screen was a clip from the warm up room, Charles pulling Isla in for a kiss then the feed was cut. It was playing on repeat.

"Oh no," She said. "Pierre, that is taken way out of context" She said desperately.

"I honestly can't believe you anymore," He said standing up "should I leave the room, or should you?" He said